From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
These are the glitches which are possible to perform in Breath of the Wild. Please read the Glitch Disclaimer Notes before attempting any of the glitches on this page.
- Effect: Sprint without losing Stamina.
- How To: Normally when sprinting Link loses Stamina gradually. If the Whistle button is held down and the player taps the B Button continuously, Link can sprint at near top speed without losing Stamina.
- Notes: Link can't Whistle while gliding or swimming, so this glitch is only useful when traversing long distances on foot.
Fast Travel Softlock
- Effect: Softlock the game using the Fast Travel system.
- Prerequisites: Must possess a Horse as well as have access to an ancient shrine saved as a travel point on the map.
- How To: Travel on your Horse to an ancient shrine and once there position it on the travel point in front of the shrine entrance. Then, travel to the same shrine as the one the Horse is positioned on. If done correctly, Link will show up at the travel point but will be placed on the Horse at an incorrect angle, rendering the game being unable to do anything.
- Notes: To get out of this glitched state you'll have to reset the game, so make sure to save before trying this.
Clip Into Walls Using A Horse
- Effect: Clip into walls with the use of your Horse.
- Prerequisites: Must possess a Horse.
- How To: Back your Horse up to any wall in the game, and once this is done, jump off of it, save your game, and reload it. You should spawn inside the wall behind the Horse.
- Notes: If you're trying this glitch in a place like Hyrule Castle which allows exploration of the ground beneath it, it's recommended you save beforehand as otherwise you may have to backtrack to find and get back your Horse. Otherwise, stick to areas with at least a travel point (ancient shrines, Sheikah Towers, etc) nearby.
A Horse clipping through the ground
- Effect: Clips Horse through the ground.
- How To: If the player tries to climb a steep cliff or wall with a Horse, it will start to fall. If the player quickly turns around as the Horse is falling, but still on the cliff, the Horse will begin to slide downward slanted, seemingly leaning against the air. The Horse will continue to slide until the lower half of it moves through the ground.
- Notes: Once Link reaches ground point, he will jump off automatically and the Horse will return to normal. Jumping off at any point will end the glitch sooner.
Missing Chief Softlock
- Effect: Makes Riju disappear from a cutscene, softlocking the game.
- Prerequisites: Must have access to Gerudo Town but haven't met Riju yet.
- How To: Unfortunately, we are uncertain about the way this happened. Repeatedly switching the game view from TV Screen to Wii U gamepad during the cutscene with voice acting seems to be the cause. Further instructions will be available soon.
- Notes: This WILL softlock the game, requiring you to power down the console or close the game from the home screen. Only found on Wii U, not yet tested on Switch.
- Effect: Magnesis will continually attempt to attach to a metal object but can't so will get stuck resulting in an endless Magnesis cycle.
- Prerequisites: Recommended (but not necessarily required) to have amiibo to spawn metal blocks in the game.
- How To: Spawn or go to any metal block anywhere in the game and stand as far as attach distance will go. At the same time you activate Magnesis, rotate the camera so it faces Link. Magnesis will now be stuck in an endless cycle of attempting to attach to the block but failing each time meaning Link can now walk around carrying an endlessly activated Magnesis rune in his hands.
- Notes: If you turn the camera back behind Link or he is hit by an enemy, Endless Magnesis will be cancelled. It may also be cancelled if you wait long enough.
Dark Beast Ganon Out of Bounds
- Effect: Allows Link to explore Hyrule outside of the Dark Beast Ganon fight. Also allows Link to use the Bow of Light where he normally isn't supposed to.
- Prerequisites: Must have defeated Calamity Ganon.
- How To: Ride your horse up to the light border which normally is supposed to prevent Link from leaving the fight. Line your horse up so it's walking along the border, and dismount it. If Link dismounts on the correct side, he'll clip outside of the border allowing him to explore Hyrule at a time he normally isn't supposed to.
- Notes: You can even use your horse outside of the border. However, during exploration certain NPCs may not exist (e.g. staff members at stables, etc). Note that if you save in this state, you may not be able to get back in bounds, potentially softlocking your game (although you could still move around out of bounds). You'll either be forced to reload from a previous save or start a new game.
- Effect: The Blood Moon can sometimes trigger even when it's daytime in the game.
- How To: Sometimes when you're in the middle of playing, the Blood Moon will randomly trigger even when the sun is up. This can also happen when it's past midnight.
- Notes: This glitch is said to be the game's failsafe method of ensuring it doesn't crash as well as refreshing if things don't seem right. Still, it seems to frustrate many players especially those in the middle of fighting Lynels. Resetting the console is said to fix this glitch.
Out of Bounds Castle
- Effect: Allows Link to explore the Hyrule Castle though the floors.
- How To: After Destroying a Guardian Turret, you must stand to where it was, then light a campfire to where u stand and pass time until a Blood moon passes and respawns the Turret on top of Link. Where Link will then fall through the floor.
- Notes: Once Link is out of bounds of the castle, it will be almost impossible to climb back into the castle until Link teleports.