Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Glitch Disclaimer Notes
Glitches are errors in the programming of video games which can be manipulated by the player to perform actions that cannot be executed throughout normal game play. Glitches take advantage of these programming errors and though they most often result in favorable outcomes, glitches can on rare occasions be damaging to your console, controller, game cartridge or disc. Although the glitches found throughout this site have been successfully completed by wiki contributors, that does not mean they won't cause crashes, screen tiles/pixels and sound distortion or any other damage to your equipment. Most effects of glitches are temporary and can be undone by resetting your console, however on rare occasions game files may need to be deleted or items replaced.
- When attempting glitches do not risk losing any data. We recommend saving before doing any glitches to prevent losing your game progress or even creating duplicate game files to attempt glitches in.
- Attempting any of the glitches found throughout this website is done at your own risk and Zelda Wiki takes no responsibility for the outcomes of the glitches or the damage they may cause.
- All of the glitches on Zelda Wiki have been tested at least once and personally written by the tester to ensure they are accurate and to provide the most detailed instructions possible about performing the glitch and its effects.
- All of our glitch pages contain original content as we do not copy from any other sources. We aim to provide easy to follow instructions, but your exact results in attempting these glitches may vary.
These Glitch Disclaimer Notes form the standard of glitches on Zelda Wiki, along with the Quality Standards for Glitches, and we aim to strictly adhere to them in all areas. If you find glitches not living up to the standards as set out above, please report them.
Note: Please be advised that Zelda Wiki is currently working on the glitch pages, and that more information will become available on glitches as time progresses, including glitches in the spin off and associated games.
Glitch Page Standards
The Glitch pages are articles about glitches discovered throughout the Legend of Zelda series. As such, each article has the same outline and standards as the rest. These outlines and standards are critical to uphold the foundation of the glitch pages and therefore must be included in each glitch page. Each section of a glitch article must follow the present outline:
- Effect: (The effect of the glitch.)
- Prerequisites: (What is needed to execute the glitch.)
- How To: (Step by step instructions of how to perform the glitch.)
- Notes: (Any important details that the player must know about the glitch. Ex: How to cancel the glitch.)
Each article and its sections must also follow the present standards:
- Every section must go into the head section which categorizes each glitch. Ex: Epona Glitches. If no such head section exists, then the section must be created at the bottom of the page.
- If a glitch has a similar name to another glitch, then the glitches with similar names must be given numbers to their corresponding name. Ex: Fierce Deity Outside of Boss Rooms 2.
- Numbered glitches (as explained above) must have a bolded, as well as be the name of a subsection within the same section.
- If a You tube video is betting added to the section, it must follow the placement pattern of the other videos. This means no two videos may be on the same side. All videos must follow the placement pattern: right, left, right.
- Before you add a glitch to the page, please make sure it works. Zelda Wiki tries to, although it is not guaranteed, make sure that the glitches on the wiki are valid. The last thing we need are pages with glitches that don't work. If you are not sure if the glitch works, but would like the glitch to be known in order to be inspected: please put it in the correct section within the Glitches Project Page.