Location and Uses
Happy Mask Salesman's Comment
The Gibdo Mask is given to Link by Pamela's Father after he lifts the curse cast upon Ikana River in Ikana Canyon. Upon entering the Music Box House, the hero finds Pamela's Father in a state of half-mummification. By playing the "Song of Healing," her father will be healed, and the mummified portion of him encased in a mask.
When worn, the Gibdo Mask causes Gibdos and ReDeads to recognize Link as one of their own, and so they will not attack him. Link can also talk to Gibdos while wearing the mask, which is necessary to explore Beneath the Well, which is, at first, the only way to enter the Ancient Castle of Ikana. ReDeads outside of the well cannot be talked to, but the mask will cause them to dance, rendering them inoffensive.
- The Gibdo Mask is one of six masks that are necessary to complete the game, the others being the three transformation masks, the Garo's Mask, and the Captain's Hat.
- If Link wears the Gibdo Mask instead of Garo's Mask, the Poe Collector will still grant him access to Ikana. However, Link must have already entered the cursed land at least once prior to this in order to have obtained the mask.
- In the original Japanese version,[clarification needed] Redeads that were Gibdos burned by the Fire Arrows will still attack Link when wearing the Gibdo Mask.[verification needed]
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ギブドのお面 (Gibudo no O-Men)||Same as English.|
|French||Masque de la Momie||Mask of the Mummy|
|FrenchCA||Masque de gibdo (MM3D)||Gibdo mask|
|German||Gibdos Maske||Same as English.|
|Italian||Maschera Ghibdo (MM3D)||Ghibdo Mask|
|SpanishEU||Careta de Gibdo||Same as English.|
|SpanishLA||Máscara de Gibdo (MM)
Máscara de gibdo (MM3D)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 125 (MM)
- "This mummy looks different... Sorta like it's here waiting for its human heart to be healed." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "You got the Gibdo Mask! This mask was once the hideous face of Pamela's father." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "It seems the ReDeads that appear in Ikana Castle start dancing when the Captain's Hat, Gibdo Mask or Garo's Mask are worn. But that does not change things much..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- "Ancient Fish. Lives in the swamp. Often referred to as a living fossil. Said to feel a certain kinship with mummies." — Swamp Fishing Hole Poster (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "That is the mask of those who roam this world with the most lingering regrets! Use it to ask them their regrets... Perhaps you may be able to save the souls that wander beyond here. Yee-hee-hee!" — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
|Masks in Majora's Mask|