- Not to be confused with Hardhat Beetles.
|Reward(s)||Red or Blue Clothes|
Though it continually warns Link to take his time, he must strike it successively for it to change colors from blue to red, indicating loss of health. Evil Orb is capable of healing himself, so Link must defeat it quickly or else it will change back to blue. An often used approach is the use of Arrows or the Magic Rod if Link has obtained any yet. Another method is to equip Roc's Feather and use it to jump over its attacks and strike it multiple times with Link's Sword. Defeating it will give Link access to a Great Fairy that will offer him the Blue or Red Clothes.
In Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch, cracks are shown to form on its shell in addition to changing colors when taking damage.
- Hardhit Beetle is the only boss to not drop a Heart Container (not counting the Shadow Nightmares).
Evil Orb's Japanese name resembles ポーン (Pōn), the Japanese name for the Hardhat Beetle.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ド・ポーン (Do Pōn)|
|German||Farb-Oktorok [verification needed]||Color Octorok|
- "Hardhit Beetle" — N/A (Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch))
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 176
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX — Prima's Official Strategy Guide by Prima Games pg. 99