Ghost Ship (The Wind Waker)
|Game(s)||The Wind Waker|
|Main Item||Triforce Chart (TWW)|
Triforce Shard (TWWHD)
The Ghost Ship haunts several islands of the Great Sea during the night. It appears at different locations depending on the current state of the moon. The ship is doomed to sail the Great Sea until freed from its curse. Only the one holding the Ghost Ship Chart, hidden on Diamond Steppe Island, can enter the ship. According to Lenzo, the sailor who made the Ghost Ship Chart was following the vessel across all of its destinations, drawing a map of its movements. When the map was done, he suddenly died.
In order to free the ship from its course, Link must defeat a Wizzrobe and two Poes within. However, the Wizzrobe is able to summon ReDeads and Stalfos into the battle. After defeating all the enemies, Link will be able to climb up a ladder leading to a Treasure Chest which contains a Triforce Chart or a Triforce Shard in The Wind Waker HD.
After Link collects the Triforce Chart or Shard hidden within, the Ghost Ship will stop roaming the sea and disappear entirely.
- Crescent Moon Island, during full moon.
- Diamond Steppe Island, when part of the right half of the moon is missing.
- Bomb Island, when the right half of the moon is missing.
- Spectacle Isle, when the crescent moon faces up.
- Five-Star Isles, when the crescent moon faces down.
- Star Belt Archipelago, when the left half of the moon is missing.
- Greatfish Isle, when part of the left half of the moon is missing.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- The scream that is heard when obtaining the Triforce Chart is actually a sped up version of an unused audio clip of Jabun screaming.
- In the small room containing the Treasure Chest, there is an engraved face on the wall that seems to have a wide, eerie grin from afar. However, when Link approaches it, the face quickly changes to that of an expressionless, normal face. This was removed in The Wind Waker HD.
- In The Wind Waker HD, the interior floor of the Ghost Ship now bears a ghastly haze.
- A slightly edited version of the Ghost Ship's sky background appears in the Ghostly Galaxy, Bonefin Galaxy and Boo's Boneyard Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Vaisseau Fantôme||Ghost Ship|
|Italian||Nave Fantasma||Ghost Ship|
|Spanish||Barco Fantasma||Ghost Ship|
- "Oh, I've got some great information, small fry! Lucky you! If you use the treasure that's hidden on that island there, the thing that vanishes as soon as you get near it... It won't vanish anymore! You know...IT! I'm talking about IT! That thing that appears on nights when a wee bit of the right half of the moon is missing! Don't you know what I'm talking about?! IT!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "The rumors I've heard tell of a man who researched the reaches of the sea where the Ghost Ship faded in and out of sight, and that he drew a map of its movements. But it is said that as soon as the man had finished drawing the lines of that cursed map...he died a most unexpected death." — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "You'd best be careful sailing these waters on nights when the moon is full. Well, if you like pure, soul-freezing horror, fry, then maybe you can handle it." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "You ought to come sail these seas on nights when the right half of the moon is missing... It'll give you shivers, fry!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "Beware the night when the crescent moon faces up! That's all I can tell you, small fry." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "Have you seen it, small fry? ...The Ghost Ship? 'Cause it's real. It's even been seen here, in these very waters... On nights when the crescent moon faces down... That's when the horror rises..." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "I wouldn't sail through these seas on nights when the left half of the moon is missing... You'll regret it if you do, fry! I'm warning you! It's not my fault if you get so scared that you can't go to the bathroom at night anymore!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "You should come around these parts on nights when just a wee bit of the left half of the moon is missing. ...That's when IT appears, fry!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- Beta64, Beta64 - Wind Waker, YouTube, published March 18, 2013.