The Ghost is a spirit who starts haunting Link after the completion of the Angler's Tunnel, wanting him to take it to its house. As Link cannot enter Dungeons while the Ghost follows him, he must help it in order to enter Catfish's Maw. Once Link brings it to the Ghost's House north of Toronbo Shores, the Ghost examines it before saying it is essentially unchanged from what it was when it was alive. The Ghost then asks Link to bring it to its grave, which is located in the Koholint Prairie near the Cemetery. Once there, the Ghost thanks Link and tells him to look inside one of the Pots in its house to find a Secret Seashell. The Secret Seashell does not appear until after Link has fulfilled the Ghost's requests.
The Minish Cap
The Ghost is an evil spirit that haunts Gregal at the Home of the Wind Tribe. Link can save Gregal by sucking the Ghost up with the Gust Jar. If Link does not save Gregal from the Ghost before arriving at the Home of the Wind Tribe via Veil Falls, Gregal will die and both he and the Ghost will disappear. This renders the Light Arrow unobtainable, as it is a reward given to Link by Gregal if he is saved.
Link's Awakening (Cagiva)
Cadence of Hyrule
- If Link sprinkles Magic Powder on the Ghost's grave in Link's Awakening, it tells him to stop or suffer the effects of a curse. Despite this, it will not put a curse of any kind on Link.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||おばけ (Obake) (LA)|
オバケ (Obake) (LANS)
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 56
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 233 (LA)
- "Gregal & the Ghost" — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "Whoa! Some ghosts had me under their spell? Thanks for saving me! Here, take these flippers as thanks!" — Prince (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "...the house... ...take me... ...the house... ...at the bay..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening DX)
- "...N-N-No!... ...N-not there!" — Ghost (Link's Awakening DX)
- "...Here!... ...enter... ...my house..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening DX)
- "...Nostalgia... ...unchanged... ...boo hoo..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening DX)
- "...Enough... ...cemetery... ...take me... ...my grave..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening DX)
- "...my grave... ...take me... ...my grave..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening DX)
- "...Thank you... ...a jar... ...in my home... ...look inside.. ...bye...bye..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Nobody believes me, but I saw a ghost that has taken hold of Granddad!" — Flurris (The Minish Cap)
- "What? An evil spirit had taken hold of me? And you drove it away?" — Gregal (The Minish Cap)
- "I hear you can fuse Kinstone pieces with the ghost in the Royal Crypt." — Hurdy-Gurdy Man (The Minish Cap)
- "Cough Cough... Don't sprinkle that on me... ...I'll have to curse you! Cough Cough..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening DX)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 233