We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Gerudo Valley as seen in Ocarina of Time
|Item(s)||Pieces of Heart ×2|
Gold Skulltula ×4
Gerudo Valley is a blisteringly hot valley located in the northwest corner of Hyrule in Ocarina of Time. It leads to the Gerudo's Fortress, home of the proud female warrior race of Gerudo. Beyond lies the Haunted Wasteland, a harsh and unforgiving desert. Zora's River passes through the bottom of the valley, whose water-flow ultimately leads to Lake Hylia.
During Link's childhood, the path to Gerudo's Fortress is blocked by Gerudo guards, making it impossible to get to the other side of the valley. Once the young hero retrieves the Master Sword from its pedestal, the bridge spanning across the chasm will have been destroyed by the Gerudo, forcing Link to use either the Longshot or Epona to get across. There will also be a tent set up near the entrance to the Gerudo's Fortress that is home to the Carpenters who helped build up Kakariko Village; however, all of the carpenters except their boss have left in hopes of joining the Gerudo and become thieves themselves. When Link travels to the fortress, he finds out that all four of the carpenters have been imprisoned by the Gerudo, and once he frees all of them, the carpenters return to their previous job to repair the bridge.
There is a crag where a box lies. Link can fly to this spot with the help of a Cucco, and find a Piece of Heart inside the box. The water below the valley in which Zora's River flows is infested with Octoroks as well as giant, rolling boulders. Link can take a dive from the bridge high above and land on the highest portion of river, which has a small platform with a patch of soil where Link can plant a Magic Bean. Behind the waterfall is a ladder that leads to a ledge with a second Piece of Heart. The young hero can then let the current take him back to the upper part of Lake Hylia.
- Link is able to go past the closed entrance to Gerudo Fortress as a child. It can be done by using a glitch that involves getting a Cucco and standing on a post and flying it across the broken bridge.
- The Desert is the second largest area in the game to use the same theme tune (the largest is the field areas, which use the Hyrule Field theme).
- "If you go west, you'll find Gerudo Valley. There's a hideout of a gang of thieves on the other side of the valley." — Kaepora Gaebora (Ocarina of Time)
- "Haunted Wasteland - If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you. Only one path is true!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "I am a master craftsman. Those Gerudo thieves...they broke the bridge." — Carpenter (Ocarina of Time)
- "I want to fix it, but all of my workers are gone! They said working as carpenters isn't cool, and they went to the Gerudo's Fortress to become thieves..." — Carpenters' boss (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey, I heard you saved my men. When they returned, we built this bridge. Look at this! Isn't it a fine bridge? They may be wimpy carpenters, but once they all got together, they got the job done." — Carpenters' Boss (Ocarina of Time)
- "Though I want to go back to Hyrule Field, the bridge is...well, you can see it from here. So I'm stuck here, inside this tent. I don't think I can accept your challenge right now. Heh heh!" — Running Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm the wandering running man! I've run all over this land in search of true competitive spirit. I beat all my challengers, man and beast. You're an athletic guy, and you look like you might have a true killer instinct, too. Now that the bridge over Gerudo Valley is complete, I'm looking for a challenger to have a commemorative race against." — Running Man (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ゲルドの谷 (Gerudo no Tani)||Gerudo's Valley|
|Spanish||Valle Gerudo||Gerudo Valley|
|Regions in Ocarina of Time|
Click on a location