The Gerudo's Card from Ocarina of Time
|Use(s)||Free access to the Gerudo's Fortress|
Location and Uses
The Gerudo Token can be obtained from the Gerudo Warrior after sneaking past all the Gerudo guards and freeing the four Carpenters. Though the Gerudo do not usually grant membership to men, Link's skill earns their respect, admitting him into their group.
The Gerudo Token allows Link to walk freely around the Gerudo's Fortress without being thrown into prison. It also grants him access to the Haunted Wasteland, which leads to the Spirit Temple. Additionally, it enables Link to participate in the Horseback Archery Range and the Gerudo's Training Ground.
- The star and moon symbol in the membership card was replaced with the Crest of the Gerudo in later versions of the game.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 124 (OoT)
- "You obtained the Gerudo's Membership Card!
You can get into the Gerudo's training ground in their hideout." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "We were really interested in joining their all-female group, but they locked us up like this just because we're men!" — Ichiro (Ocarina of Time)
- "I've seen your fine work. To get past the guards here, you must have good thieving skills. I used to think that all men, besides the great Ganondorf, were useless...but now that I've seen you, I don't think so anymore! [...] Say, you must want to become one of us, eh? All right, then! You're in from now on! Take this. With it, you will have free access to all areas of the fortress!" — Gerudo Warrior (Ocarina of Time)
- "From now on, you're free to come and go as you please through the gate to the desert." — Gerudo Warrior (Ocarina of Time)