|Geetchee is never seen in the book|
Geetchee is a character featured in The Crystal Trap. Described as a "thin, scraggly, blue-furred creature," Geetchee is a mossunger who Princess Zelda first meets when she travels through the Swamp. The princess finds Geetchee trying to fish something out of the mud, pitying himself and saying that "Master will be very angry." Thinking that whatever the creature is trying to get must be important, Zelda scares Geetchee away with her arrows and proceeds to reach down into the thick mud, finding a Large Brass Key in the process.
If Zelda decides to go deeper into the swamp, she will meet up with Geetchee again, who is trapped in a pit of quicksand and begs Zelda to save him. The princess hesitates on saving the monster, but Geetche then throws a stick against her feet, causing Zelda to fall into the quicksand as well. The mossunger calls Zelda stupid and says he has a rope to free himself from the quicksand, which he uses to escape, never to be seen again.
- "'Arrgh!' someone is groaning. 'Oh, poor Geetchee, poor Geetchee. Master will be very angry.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 17)
- "'Whatever it's looking for must be important. Maybe I should try to get it.' She jumps out from behind the trees with an arrow pointed straight at the mossunger. 'Be gone, Geetchee, or whatever your name is,' she shouts. 'Or you'll have more than mud to worry about.' [...] In a flash, Zelda's arrow flies out and cuts the boomerang in two. With a cry of fear, the mossunger turns tail and runs away. Zelda wades into the thick, black ooze. Reaching down, she flashes out a large brass key." (The Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 113)
- "She stumbles through a thicket of vines and bushes and almost runs right into the mossunger. It's trapped in a pit of quicksand, ssunk up to its waist in the muck. 'Yaargh!' it screams. 'Help Geetchee! Help, oh help, brave warrior!'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 17)
- "'Should I help this monster?' Zelda wonders aloud. 'It'll probably just turn on me. Besides, I don't have time to waste.' The mossunger hears this. 'No! Nasty warrior kill Geetchee!' it yells and starts thrashing about with its claws. [...] The mossunger has grabbed a loose stick and thrown it against her feet. She tumbles into the quicksand and quickly sinks up to her waist." (The Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 54)
- "'Stupid warrior,' the mossunger says. Suddenly, he no longer seems frightened. 'Geetchee not dumb. He have rope.' As Zelda watches, the hairy beast uncoils a rope from a sack on his shoulders and tosses a loop around a nearby tree stump. In a few seconds, he has pulled himself free and is standing on dry land. 'Bye-bye, stupid warrior. Geetchee go tell master how smart he is.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 54)