The Silver and Golden Gauntlets
|Other media||Hyrule Warriors|
Hyrule Warriors Legends
|Use(s)||Moving and lifting heavy objects|
|Comparable Item(s)||Power Glove|
The Gauntlets are a pair of items which boost Link's strength in Ocarina of Time. There are two varieties: the Silver Gauntlets, and the Golden Gauntlets, the latter serving as a much stronger version.
Location and Uses
Upon arriving at the Spirit Temple, Link is greeted by Sheik, who informs him that in order to restore the Spirit Temple and awaken the Sage, he must return as a child. Similarly, an encarved statue of a cobra in the first room of the Temple hints at a "power of silver" from the past being used in the future. As a child, Link will encounter Nabooru attempting to enter a crawlspace. After brief discussion, Nabooru asks Link for a favor: to enter the crawlspace and retrieve the Silver Gauntlets so that she may infiltrate the rest of the Temple, steal Ganondorf's treasure and impede his plans for domination. In return, she promises to give "something great."
Later when Link reaches the whereabouts of the Treasure Chest containing the Silver Gauntlets, the young hero discovers that Nabooru has been captured by Kotake and Koume, who kidnap her with their black magic. Before she disappears, she warns Link to run. When Link returns for the Master Sword, he dons the Silver Gauntlets after resuming his adult form. With them, he is able to access previously inaccessible parts of the Spirit Temple by pushing a heavy block out of the way. The Silver Gauntlets also allow Link to lift large, gray rocks. Madder rocks, however, cannot be lifted.
The Golden Gauntlets are located in the Shadow Barrier room of Ganon's Castle. They are considerably stronger than the Silver Gauntlets, able to lift things that were previously impossible, such as giant, black stone pillars. One of these pillars obstructs the door to the Light Barrier room, forcing Link to use them to clear the path.
A second pillar appears outside of Ganon's Castle, in the region formerly housing the Great Fairy of Magic on the path to Hyrule Castle. When removed, the entrance to a Great Fairy's Fountain will be revealed, housing the Great Fairy of Courage. When summoned, she provides him with Enhanced Defense, halving all damage taken.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Silver Gauntlet||Golden Gauntlet|
|FrenchCA||Gantelets d'argent (OoT3D)||Gantelets d'or (OoT3D)|
|Italian||Guanti d'argento (OoT3D)||Guanti d'oro (OoT3D)|
|SpanishLA||Guantes de Plata (OoT3D)||Guantes de Oro (OoT3D)|
Link in the Zora Tunic using the Silver Gauntlets in Hyrule Warriors
|Hyrule Warriors gameplay of Link wielding the Gauntlets|
- "You found the Silver Gauntlets! If you wore them, you would feel power in your arms--the power to lift big things with (A)!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "The Master Sword is a ship with which you can sail upstream and downstream through time's river... The port for that ship is in the Temple of Time... To restore the Desert Colossus and enter the Spirit Temple, you must travel back through time's flow..." — Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
- "If you want to travel in the future, you should return here with the power of silver from the past." — Sign (Ocarina of Time)
- "I want to ask you a favor... Will you go through this tiny hole and get a treasure that's inside? The treasure is the Silver Gauntlets. If you equip them, you can easily push and pull very heavy things! No, no, no, kid! Don't even think about taking this treasure for yourself! The Silver Gauntlets won't fit a little kid like you if you try to equip them! I want you to be a good boy and give them to me! Ganondorf and his minions are using the Spirit Temple as a hideout. Only the Silver Gauntlets will allow me to sneak deep into the temple. Once there, I'm going to steal all the treasure inside and mess up their plans!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "You and I, let's give Ganondorf and his followers a big surprise, shall we? If you can successfully get the Silver Gauntlets... I'll do something great for you!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Yeearggh! Let me go!! You, you fiends! Ganondorf's minions! Link! Get out of here! Now! These witches! They're using black magic on me!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "You found the Golden Gauntlets! You can feel even more power coursing through your arms! Grab with (A) and lift stuff up!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "Welcome Link! I am the Great Fairy of Courage! I'm going to enhance your defensive power. Receive it now!" — Great Fairy of Courage (Ocarina of Time)
- "Your defensive power has been enhanced! Damage inflicted by enemies will be reduced by half." — Great Fairy of Courage (Ocarina of Time)