We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
The Gatekeeper appears inside the Palace of the Four Sword blocking the path forward. When talked to, it asks for 20 Rupees in exchange for a hint. After defeating Ganon and completing Four Swords, the Gatekeeper will allow Link to continue through the Palace after paying the 20 Rupee fee. The Gatekeeper vanishes afterwards.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 228 (ALttP&FS)
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 388 (ALttP&FS)
- "Actually, only true heroes can enter this palace." — Gatekeeper (A Link to the Past & Four Swords)
- "Hey! I'll tell you a profitable story if you pay me 20 Rupees. How about it?" — Gatekeeper (A Link to the Past & Four Swords)
- "Heh heh! Thanks! Actually, this palace is here precisely for heroes like you. I bet you can get through it. ...But it will take everything you've got!" — Gatekeeper (A Link to the Past & Four Swords)