Garill can be found living underneath a tree at Fort Hateno in East Necluda. Each day, he goes to observe the ruins of Fort Hateno. When Link first encounters him, he mentions paying respects to the soldiers who lost their lives defending the Fort in the Great Calamity. He teaches Link about a Hylian Champion who fought alongside the soldiers during the Great Calamity, as well as a rumor that the Champion was mortally wounded and taken to be revitalized to fight again after a long slumber. He attributes his very existence to the sacrifices made at Fort Hateno and vows to pass this knowledge on.
Garill fancies the idea that he would have fought alongside the Hylian Champion if he were present during the Great Calamity, and expresses wonder at the Champion's skill to have been capable of felling the Guardians attacking the Fort.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Hiya! My name's Garill. Come to see Fort Hateno, I take it? [That's right.] Figured as much. It's well worth seeing! Fort Hateno here was the last line of defense between Hateno Village and the awful tragedy all those years ago. Everyone's got to come and pay their respects at least once in life, right?" — Garill (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do you know the story of the warrior who fought here at Fort Hateno? [No, tell me.] So 100 years ago, we had these special warriors called Champions. The warrior who fought here was supposedly one of them. I heard the others all died in the big fight." — Garill (Breath of the Wild)
- "The warrior, though... Some say he gave his life here too. But others think he went into a deep sleep to prepare to fight another day. Which would mean he's still alive, right? I wonder if I'll still be around when he wakes up. I'd love to meet the guy." — Garill (Breath of the Wild)
- "Almost hard to believe they managed to hold back a whole horde of Guardians here. If not for Fort Hateno and the warrior, there'd be no such place as Hateno Village anymore." — Garill (Breath of the Wild)
- "The warrior and his soldiers at Fort Hateno risked their lives to protect the world. I wasn't there at the time, but I'm alive now because of them, and I've got to make sure future generations know it!" — Garill (Breath of the Wild)
- "If I'd been alive 100 years ago...I like to think I'd have fought these Guardians here, right at the warrior's side." — Garill (Breath of the Wild)
- "The more I see of this place, the more it hits me just how hard the old tragedy struck here. But even knowing that, seeing so many Guardians... It boggles the mind. That warrior must have been some threat to the forces of darkness, huh?" — Garill (Breath of the Wild)