- This article is about the Dungeon in A Link to the Past. For other uses, see Ganon's Tower (Disambiguation).
Entrance to Ganon's Tower
Ganon's Tower is located in the Dark World. The seal on it can be only broken by the descendants of the Seven Sages, and as such, Link must free the Seven Maidens to break the barrier and reveal the staircase leading to the inside of the tower.
Ganon's Tower consists of a large basement where the Red Mail, Map and Compass are located; however, all of these items are optional and are not required to complete the Dungeon. Link will, however, have to negotiate this floor in order to reach the sub-basement where the Big Key is located. In order to obtain the Big Key and thus the Red Mail, Link must fight the Armos Knights from the first Light World Dungeon. Above the ground floor are four floors leading to a balcony where Agahnim waits. Each of the floors are infested with enemies that will try to impede Link's progress, but the young hero is not required to defeat most of the enemies to scale up the tower. He is, however, required to fight the other two Light World Bosses again as he ascends, making it necessary to fight all three Light World Bosses to complete the Dungeon. Most rooms are also filled with deadly obstacles like spikes and conveyor belts, and even the former Bosses appearing as Sub-Boss have hazards added to their rooms. Once Link reaches the balcony, he must fight Agahnim yet again where, upon the wizard's defeat, Ganon abandons Agahnim's body and escapes to the inside of the Pyramid of Power.
Minor Enemies and Traps
A Link to the Past (Ishinomori)
- In the A Link to the Past comic by Shotaro Ishinomori and the A Link to the Past manga by Akira Himekawa, Ganon's stronghold is shown to be a massive spiked orb floating in the air, similar in appearance to an urchin, and inside is nothing but an empty black void. However, it is still addressed as "Ganon's Tower."
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Tour de Ganon||Ganon's Tower|
|German||Ganons Turm||Ganon's Tower|
|Italian||Torre di Ganon
Castello di Ganon
|SpanishEU||Torre de Ganon||Ganon's Tower|
- Ganon's Tower was referred to as Ganon's Dark Tower in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time — Official Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo Power. However, as this contradicts the name given in Encyclopedia, it is not considered Canon.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 147
- "I appreciate your coming so far to rescue me. As I thought, you are the legendary Hero. I have felt this from the first time we met. ... ... ... Ganon is waiting inside of his tower to pass through the gate linking the two worlds. Once Ganon enters the Light World, it is unlikely that anyone can stop him. But if he stays in the closed space of this world, you can find him wherever he runs. Now, go to the Tower of Ganon! We will use our combined powers to break the barrier. Let's return peace to the country without fail... ... ... ..." — Princess Zelda (A Link to the Past)
- "Level 8
Ganon's Tower" — N/A (A Link to the Past, Game Boy Advance version)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time — Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 6
- "Link, we are going to break the barrier of Ganon's Tower with our power." — Princess Zelda (A Link to the Past)
- "Oh, mystical maidens... Lend us your power..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 10)
- "It's pitch dark... I can't see anything!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 10)
- "It--It's Agahnim! It can't be! I destroyed him! [...] The Lanmola?! The Moldorm?! They can't be real! I defeat them all!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 11)
- "You! I'll get it, Zelda!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 14)
- "What do you mean to do with that bow, Princess?" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 4)
- "His sword... I am paralyzed..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 6)
- "It was the enchanted arrow..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 6)
- "Welcome, Link... I am the Essence of the Triforce. [...] You have totally destroyed Ganon. The Triforce is waiting for a new master. Its Golden Power is in your hands--touch it with a wish in your heart." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 8)
- "Good-bye, Link..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 9)