Gage playing the cello
Guardian of the Forest Realm
|Era||Era of Hyrule's Rebirth|
Gage is a character in Spirit Tracks. He is a member of the Lokomo people and Guardian of the Forest Realm who resides in the Forest Sanctuary. Like the rest of the Lokomo, Gage possesses a sacred instrument, his being the cello, which generates energy to power the Spirit Tracks when played with another sacred instrument.
In order for Link to access the chamber in which Gage is located, he must first connect the two stone statues that are facing each other on a tablet outside of the Lokomo's room. Once he does so, the door will open, and give access to the room where Link can meet Gage. He mentions that he has heard about Link and Zelda's journey to restore the Spirit Tracks to the Forest Temple, and goes on to teach the young duo on how to recover the tracks by playing a Lokomo Song. A Lokomo Song, Gage explains, is a duet that requires two sacred instruments, in this case being Gage's cello and Link's Spirit Flute. Before performing the first Lokomo Song, Gage teaches Link on how to play the Spirit Flute, and after he is done explaining, the young hero and the Lokomo play the duet that restores the Spirit Tracks to the Forest Temple.
During the final battle against Malladus, Princess Zelda sings a duet with Link, and soon after this, all five of the Lokomos, including Gage, join in to form a full orchestrated version of the piece. This melody weakens Malladus and reveals a weak spot in his back, which is necessary to defeat the Demon King once and for all.
Gage is last seen during the ending credits when Anjean, along with the rest of the Lokomos, departs towards the heavens after the defeat of the Demon King since their protection no longer needed in the land of Hyrule.
- Gage's name is a play on the word "gauge", as in an engine's gauge.
- "Go to the forest first, where you must talk to the Lokomo Gage. South of the Forest Temple is a sanctuary where you can find Gage. He will be able to tell you where to go next." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- "Indeed. We are called the Lokomos. We are servants of the spirits. They have entrusted us with protecting the temples and the Spirit Tracks. By playing our sacred instruments... We generate energy that powers the Spirit Tracks." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- "Connect the two stone statues that face each other." — Sign (Spirit Tracks)
- "To restore the tracks that disappeared, you need to know a special song. This Lokomo Song is a duet that requires two sacred instruments. My cello and your Spirit Flute should do the trick! With both instruments playing the song... We can restore the rail map's energy!" — Gage (Spirit Tracks)
- "I'm going to start by teaching you how to play the Spirit Flute. Slide the Spirit Flute so the note you want to play is in the middle of the screen. Then blow into the microphone to play the note." — Gage (Spirit Tracks)
- "You completed the duet with Gage, the Lokomo of the Forest Realm! The Forest rail map has started glowing! New tracks have appeared!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Let's combine my sacred power with the power of the Spirit Flute! I think we can use them to weaken Malladus!" — Princess Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
- "But our protection is no longer needed. Even without the spirits' guidance, you will do well. So I think I will return to the heavens... In the company of my old friend Byrne." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Maestro Valvio||Master Valvio|