Fun Fun Island
|Fun Fun Island|
Fun Fun Island is a place in Skyward Sword, located near Skyloft. The entire island is used for a minigame, but Link cannot access this minigame until he has helped Dodoh. A Goddess Cube Chest containing a Gold Rupee can be found beneath the island.
When Link first lands on the island, he learns that Dodoh's party wheel fell down to the Surface. The man is overcome by sadness and loses hope for recovering the wheel. Link can raise the man's spirits by locating the wheel in Lanayru Desert and using Scrapper to carry it to The Sky. Dodoh will thank Link by giving him a free play on the island. All subsequent plays require 20 Rupees.
Dodoh's High Dive
To begin the minigame on this island, known as Dodoh's High Dive, Link must jump into a cannon which will launch him straight up. At this point, the island begins to rotate and Link finds himself free-falling. The main objective is to land on a colored space on the rotating board beneath. Each color corresponds to a different Rupee value (refer to the table beneath). To increase his profits, Link can pass through Fortune Rings while falling. Each ring increases the prize multiplier and slows down the rotating board. At the same time, Link must avoid giant Dodoh balls which reset the multiplier to zero. The multiplier affects all spaces except the gray space.
|Color||Prize (Base value)|
|Pink and Blue||50 Rupees (Piece of Heart at ×10 Multiplier)|
|Gray||Loss of 10 Rupees (unaffected by multiplier)|
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ルーレッ島 (Rūrettou)||Roulette Island|
|FrenchCA||Île fortune||Fortune Island|
|FrenchEU||Ile Roulette||Roulette Island|
|Italian||Isola della roulette||Roulette Island|
|SpanishLA||Isla Fortuná||Fortune Island|
- "Fun Fun Island's Dodoh final version" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 35)
- "You see, the party wheel that I pinned to my back flew off the island and fell down somewhere below the clouds. Without my party wheel, there's just no way I can make this island a place where people come to have fun!" — Dodoh (Skyward Sword)
- "Without that, there's just no way... The dream of fun is dead. I can't bring myself to do anything without it. The laughter has turned to tears." — Dodoh (Skyward Sword)
- "How am I supposed to go get something that fell below the clouds? That's impossible!" — Dodoh (Skyward Sword)
- "Normally I'd charge 20 Rupees to play, but since I owe you, I'll let you play your first game for free! FREE is so much more fun than PAY!" — Dodoh (Skyward Sword)
- "First thing you need to know is you'll be shot out of a CANNON! You'll fly waaaaay up there." — Dodoh (Skyward Sword)
- "Your goal is to dive onto a cheery, colorful rotating board. Land on a happy, little colored space, and you'll win Rupees based on the color." — Dodoh (Skyward Sword)
- "If you can pass through one of those Fortune Rings, you'll increase the awesome Rupee score multiplier! OOOOOoooh! And the more rings you pass through, the slower the wheel will spin, making it easier to land on your target and WIN!" — Dodoh (Skyward Sword)
- "But hitting one of those Dodoh Balls will reset your multiplier and turn your smile upside down!" — Dodoh (Skyward Sword)