Features and Overview
The Forgotten Temple is located in the Tabantha Frontier. The Forgotten Temple is an ancient temple devoted to Hylia hidden at the far northern end of the Tanagar Canyon. Several Updrafts can be found along the Forgotten Temple's grounds, allowing Link to Paraglide above the chamber walls inside the Temple. The Rona Kachta Shrine sits at the end of the Temple, before a giant Goddess Statue. This Goddess Statue is the oldest and largest of the Statues throughout Hyrule Kingdom, as well as the largest that Link can find in his journey. At certain times, Farosh; one of the three roaming dragons can be seen flying above the temple.
The Forgotten Temple is where Link is directed by the Monks upon completing the primary 120 Ancient Shrines in the Side Quest "A Gift from the Monks". If Link travels to the Forgotten Temple after speaking to the final Monk, three stone Treasure Chests will appear on the platform in front of the Goddess Statue, gifting Link with all three pieces of the Hero of the Wild Set.
A Korok can be found hiding underneath a Rock on a ledge behind the Goddess Statue.
There are many Guardians in the Forgotten Temple, making traversing the temple difficult.
- The design of the Forgotten Temple is inspired by the Sealed Temple from Skyward Sword and features similar architecture to the Springs of Wisdom, Courage, Power, as well as Lanayru Road.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||忘れ去られた神殿 (Wasuresara Reta Shinden)||Forgotten Temple|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Forgotten Temple" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Head to the Forgotten Temple where the oldest statue of the Goddess stands to see what they have left for you there." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "You have at last conquered all of our trials. Having fulfilled our purpose, we monks bestow upon you this... The warrant of the true hero. You must now depart for the Forgotten Temple." — Rona Kachta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Since it is a building that represents Hyrule's ancient past, the design incorporates construction elements from Skyward Sword in a similar way to the Springs of Wisdom, Courage, and Power, as well as Lanayru Road." (Creating a Champion pg. 312)