Healing Forest Tree sprouts
Location and Uses
Forest Water is a mystical, life-giving water that exists only within the Forest Haven. The water is said to be the only thing keeping the Forest Haven, the Koroks, and the Great Deku Tree alive.
When the Forest Water is taken outside of the Forest Haven in an empty Bottle, the magical properties of Forest Water wear off after 20 minutes in The Wind Waker, or 30 minutes in The Wind Waker HD.
The Koroks, during their annual Korok Ceremony, fly about the Great Sea and plant Forest Tree saplings on several islands. After the ceremony, however, the planted trees that usually thrive and grow to great heights mysteriously wither and slowly die. The Koroks ask Link to fetch Forest Water from the Forest Haven and sprinkle it upon all eight Forest Trees before it denatures into normal water. If he reaches them all before the Forest Water expires, the Forest Tree sprouts will sprout into healthy Forest Trees, with the nearest one dropping a Piece of Heart.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||森の水 (Mori no Mizu)||Forest Water|
|French||Eau de la Forêt||Water of the Forest|
|German||Tanntopisches Wasser||Tanntopian Water|
|Italian||Acqua dei Boschi||Water of the Woods|
|SpanishEU||Agua del bosque||Water of the Forest|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 124 (TWW)
- "The Forest Water? So, you have learned the secret of our Forest Haven? The Forest Water is a mystical and powerful draught that fills the trees with life and vitality. With such water, it would even be possible to return life to a battered, withered tree." — Great Deku Tree (The Wind Waker)
- "I suppose it is thanks to such water that this gnarled, old tree has been able to live for so many long years." — Great Deku Tree (The Wind Waker)
- "And yet, the Forest Water is quickly spoiled by the air outside the Forest Haven. Once it leaves the borders of these woods, it will lose its potency after just 20 minutes and become no different from ordinary water." — Great Deku Tree (The Wind Waker)
- "You filled your bottle with Forest Water! You can use it multiple times, but it loses its forest freshness after just 30 minutes." — N/A (The Wind Waker HD)
- "I've come here to plant the Great Deku Tree's seed... But look! Usually, the forest trees sprout quite vigorously wherever you plant them, but for some reason, this one has withered... ...I'd be willing to bet that the trees my fellow Koroks have planted are withering, as well. It seems that when one tree fails to grow from its seed, all the forest trees from that year's seeds wither and fail to grow tall and mighty. What are we to do? If we are not able to nurse these trees to health, the forest will never spread, and the Great Deku Tree will slowly wither and die... ... Maybe if we could sprinkle the water from the Forest Haven on the tree... Maybe then this sapling would be saved. That water is the wellspring of the Great Deku Tree's life force." — Korok (The Wind Waker)
- "Swordsman! Could you go to the Forest Haven and get some of the water that flows around the Great Deku Tree? Could you get some and sprinkle it on this poor forest tree?" — Korok (The Wind Waker)
- "Please, Mr. Swordsman. Could you please go get Forest Water once more and take it to all eight of the Koroks who guard the withered forest trees?" — Korok (The Wind Waker)
- "That's too bad... Your Forest Water turned into plain water before you were able to pour it on all of the wilting trees. You have to water all the trees before the Forest Water loses its life-giving power." — Korok (The Wind Waker)
- "Swordsman! Come see how healthy my forest tree has become! Wow! I'm so happy! Thank you so much!" — Korok (The Wind Waker)
- Forest Water kills Kalle Demos (WWHD), YouTube, published October 2, 2016, retrieved October 5, 2016.