The stage is an underground niche filled with young Deku Scrubs who appear to be waiting to be entertained. The stage is at the bottom of a hole concealed by flowers in a clearing beneath a single tree hidden within the Lost Woods. Above the hole to enter the forest stage, a cluster of butterflies fly above, serving as a marker (in the 3DS version the grass is no longer opaque, so the hole is visible through it).
To entertain the Scrubs, Link puts on a mask borrowed from the Happy Mask Salesman and stands in front of them. Depending on the mask he is wearing, they will do one of five things:
- They will be amazed and give Link a reward. (Skull Mask)
- They will hate Link's mask, but give Link a reward for trying. (Mask of Truth)
- They will hate Link's mask and will shoot nuts at him. (Spooky Mask)
- They will start dancing around.
- They will just stare.
If "Saria's Song" plays when Link presents his mask and the Deku Scrubs crowd around him, the young hero will receive an award. Wearing the Skull Mask will cause the Deku Scrubs to be delighted, and the young hero will receive an upgrade which allows him to carry more Deku Sticks. If he wears the Mask of Truth, the young Deku Scrubs will not like the mask, but Link will be given the upgrade to carry more Deku Nuts; however, this can only be done before he receives the Poacher's Saw from Fado during the Biggoron Sword Trading Sequence due to a bug within the game.
- "Forest Stage. We are waiting to see your beautiful face! Win fabulous prizes!" — Sign (Ocarina of Time)
- "All of the young Deku Scrub brothers agree...you look exactly like our sacred forest totem! As an offering from us, please accept these Deku Sticks. We will also enhance your carrying skills! Abracadabra! Alakazaaaam!" — Big Forest Stage Deku Scrub (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||森のステージ (Mori no Sutēji)|
|SpanishLA||Rincón del bosque (OoT3D)|