Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Follow the Sheikah Slate
|Follow the Sheikah Slate|
|"The Isolated Plateau"|
Link obtains the Quest shortly after a mysterious voice awakens him and urges him to leave the Shrine of Resurrection to restore the light to Hyrule. to explore the Great Plateau. The Quest is initiated when the mysterious voice calls out to him once more. The voice instructs Link to head towards the destination marked on the Sheikah Slate's Map, which denotes the location of the Great Plateau Tower.
Upon reaching the buried remains of the Great Plateau Tower, Link must activate it by placing the Sheikah Slate into the pedestal. In doing so, Link causes the Great Plateau Tower to shoot upwards out of the ground that once held it. This causes a simultaneous reaction among all of the other Sheikah Towers scattered across Hyrule, forcing them to rise as well. At this same exact moment that the Sheikah Towers collectively ascend, Ancient Shrines across Hyrule begin to glow an orange light, acting as a sort of beacon to allow Link to locate them from a distance. When Link regains his composure following his rapid ascension, the Great Plateau Tower begins to distill regional information on the Great Plateau in the form of a tear drop, which splashes onto the Sheikah Slate and updates its Map with landmarks and geographical data.
The voice calls out to Link again before Link begins to leave the Tower, urging him to remember the events leading up to his awakening. However, the Calamity Ganon interrupts her and begins to swirl around Hyrule Castle before being driven back by a white light emanating from the Castle. The voice warns Link that when the Calamity Ganon regains its full strength, she will no longer be able to contain it. This completes the Quest, allowing Link to descend the Great Plateau Tower and speak to the Old Man, who tasks him with the next Main Quest, "The Isolated Plateau".
|1||From out of nowhere, you hear a woman's voice speak to you... She instructs you to head to the marker displayed on the Sheikah Slate.|
The slate is both alien and somehow familiar to you... You find that you can access its map by pressing the button.
|Complete||When you inserted your Sheikah Slate in the pedestal marked on the map, a giant tower erupted upward from the ground, carrying you high into the air.|
From Hyrule Castle, off in the distance, you hear the woman's voice speaking to you again...
|Names in Other Regions|
|EnglishUK||Follow the Sheikah Slate|
|Japanese||シーカーストーンの示す場所 (Shīkā Sutōn no Shimesu Basho)||Place Indicated by the Sheikah Stone|
|SpanishEU||Dirígete al lugar indicado||Head to the indicated location|
- "Follow the Sheikah Slate
Great Plateau" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "... ...Open your eyes... Open your eyes... Open your eyes. Wake up, Link." — ??? (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link... You are the light—our light—that must shine upon Hyrule once again. Now, go..." — ??? (Breath of the Wild)
- "... Link... Link. Head for the point marked on the map in your Sheikah Slate." — ??? (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sheikah Tower activated. Please watch for falling rocks." — Sheikah Slate (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do you see that structure there? The one shining with a strange light? It began glowing at the exact moment those towers rose up from the ground." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "Distilling local information..." — Sheikah Tower (Breath of the Wild)
- "Regional map extracted." — Sheikah Slate (Breath of the Wild)
- "Remember... Try... Try to remember... You have been asleep for the past 100 years." — ??? (Breath of the Wild)
- "The beast... When the beast regains its true power, this world will face its end. Now then... You must hurry, Link. Before it's too late..." — ??? (Breath of the Wild)