The Floodgate Keeper is a man in Oracle of Seasons. He resides in the Spool Swamp, and is usually in possession of the Poison Moth's Lair's Floodgate Key. When Link first encounters him, he has unfortunately misplaced the key. When Link finds it for him, he allows Link to keep it. His house is located next to the underground maze that leads to the key hole.
In a Linked Game, the mother of Mamamu Yan appears in the Floodgate Keeper's home after completing Poison Moth's Lair. She will wish to tell Link a secret to her daughter in Labrynna. The old woman mentions that the Floodgate Keeper is also from Labrynna, and that they met "by chance".
- A speech glitch occurs with the Floodgate Keeper if he is spoken to after completing the Poison Moth's Lair. He uses Impa's first speech to Link before asking Link about the keyhole.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||水門かんり人 (Suimon Kanri-jin)||Floodgate Manager|
|FrenchEU||Gardien des Vannes|
|SpanishEU||Guardián de las Compuertas|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 250 (OoS)
- "You want in the swamp? Well... Actually, I lost the key to open the floodgates!" — Floodgate Keeper (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Oh! That's where I left it! That should open the floodgates." — Floodgate Keeper (Oracle of Seasons)
- "You can get to the keyhole from that puddle outside." — Floodgate Keeper (Oracle of Seasons)
- "I'm the mother of Mamamu Yan, Labrynna's top dog breeder." — Mamamu Yan's Mother (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Can you tell this secret to my daughter, Mamamu Yan, in Labrynna?" — Mamamu Yan's Mother (Oracle of Seasons)
- "This fellow's from Labrynna, too, but we met here by chance." — Mamamu Yan's Mother (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Link! Are you all right? Actually, I am the nurse of Hyrule's Princess Zelda. And Din's no dancer either. She is actually the Oracle of Seasons who wields control over the forces of nature. Zelda has mystical powers that told of a curtain of shadow drawing around Din. I was instructed to take her to Hyrule in secret. You can get to the keyhole from that puddle outside. Did you open the floodgates? The vines there get so overgrown in summer!" — Floodgate Keeper (Oracle of Seasons)