Features and Overview
The Flight Range is an area at the end of Dronoc's Pass in the Hebra Mountains. Rito warriors use the Flight Range to prepare for aerial battles due to its constant Updraft. As such, Link can find a number of Targets throughout the Flight Range and weaponry in the small hut on the eastern side of the Range.
Prior to the second Great Calamity, Zelda visited the Flight Range in search of Revali, seeking to appoint him as the Rito Champion and pilot of Divine Beast Vah Medoh. Revali was using the Flight Range to practice and master his special ability, Revali's Gale. Link can receive a vision of this in the form of a Memory, "Champion Revali's Song", by listening to Kass's eponymous Song in The Champions' Ballad DLC Pack.
The Rito warrior, Teba, retreats to the Flight Range after being wounded by Divine Beast Vah Medoh. There, he prepares a counteroffensive against the Divine Beast. After speaking to Kaneli and Saki, Teba can be found altering a Falcon Bow on the landing connected to the Flight Range's small hut. If Link speaks to him and offers to help him quell Vah Medoh, Teba will force Link to undergo a test to see his aerial combat skills before agreeing to join forces. If Link accepts, he must destroy five Targets within three minutes. Upon successfully completing Teba's test, Teba will agree to let Link accompany him on his next attack on Vah Medoh. To help Link, Teba directs him to a stone Treasure Chest on the landing, which contains the Falcon Bow that Teba was modifying moments before. Teba also gifts Link 20 Bomb Arrows to destroy Vah Medoh's Cannons and dispel Medoh's Barrier.
The Flight Range is the location that Teba takes Link if he chooses to retreat during their combined assault on Vah Medoh's Cannons. Link is also Warped to the Flight Range when exiting Vah Medoh. After successfully destroying Vah Medoh's Barrier, Teba will recuperate near the Cooking Pot in the Flight Range, cursing his inability to finish Vah Medoh himself.
After saving Vah Medoh from Windblight Ganon, Link can speak to Teba in Rito Village to discover that Teba plans on taking his son, Tulin, to the Flight Range now that his wounds have healed. At the Flight Range, Teba will ask Link to show Tulin how he handles a Bow. If Link speaks to Tulin at the Flight Range, Tulin will ask Link to show his skill. If Link agrees, Tulin will ask Link to break as many Targets as he can in the time limit, beginning the Flight Range Mini-Game.
During the "EX Champion Revali's Song" Main Quest, the Targets in the Flight Range become modified and bear light blue rings with a Sheikah Eye symbol. In order to complete the Quest, Link must destroy four of them within a small timeframe to make the Noe Rajee Shrine appear at the bottom of the Flight Range.
A Korok can be found by climbing to the top of the hut and examining the shimmering leaves. He gives Link a Korok Seed for finding him. There are two metallic Treasure Chests at the base of the Flight Range, both of which can be pulled from underwater with Magnesis. One contains a Knight's Broadsword, and a Gold Rupee can be found in the other.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||飛行訓練場 (Hikō Kunren Jō)||Flight Training Course|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Flight Range" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Rito Flight Range " — Sign (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Where did he go?] Well... My husband headed to a place called the Flight Range. It's in Dronoc's Pass at the base of the Hebra Mountains. It's a place where Rito warriors prepare for aerial combat... I imagine he's gone there to gather weapons for another run at Medoh. As it happens, he made his way to the Flight Range on foot this time." — Saki (Breath of the Wild)
- "You're...a skilled archer. It was as if time stopped with every arrow you let fly. I've got to tell you, Link... When you first showed up, I thought someone was pulling a prank on me. But after seeing you handle that bow, I can tell you're the real deal. You must have seen a battle or two." — Teba (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, if you really want to help me bring down Medoh, it's now or never. I'll get you into position so you can give its cannons all you've got. Inside that treasure chest is a bow I've modified. Take it, and let me know when you're ready." — Teba (Breath of the Wild)
- "OK, it's time to face Divine Beast Vah Medoh. Normal arrows won't put a dent in those cannons. You'll need to hit them with bomb arrows. These are a precious commodity, so don't expect me to do this again, but...take these bomb arrows." — Teba (Breath of the Wild)
- "You... I can't believe it got me... My leg is in worse shape than I thought. And I was so close to stopping Divine Beast Vah Medoh... Dammit!" — Teba (Breath of the Wild)
- "My wounds are just about healed, so I guess it's time to take Tulin to the Flight Range. I'm hoping Tulin grows up to be a distinguished warrior like Master Revali." — Teba (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's you... Haven't seen you in a while. Now that Medoh's calmed down, I've started training Tulin again. If you have the time, would you mind showing Tulin how you handle a bow?" — Teba (Breath of the Wild)
- "Show Tulin how you handle a bow. It could set a good example for him." — Teba (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey! Hey, Link! [Hey, Tulin!] You're Link, right? My dad told me about you! Also, he said you're REAL good with a bow! Is that true?" — Tulin (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Of course!] Wow! That's so neat! You gotta show me!" — Tulin (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'm all right.] Nuh-uh! Dad said you were great, and Dad never lies, so it must be true! Come on, show me!" — Tulin (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'll count down, and you'll break all the targets before time's up! When you break a bunch, I'll give you a prize!" — Tulin (Breath of the Wild)
- "The scattered One-Hit Obliterator led you to a location where a stone monument with a map of trials appeared. Kass's song seems related...
One, shoot the flame dragon's horn,
Two, race down a peak rings adorn,
Three, shoot four targets to win,
Champion, the trials begin!
You still have three trials to complete." — EX Champion Revali's Song (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yahaha! You found me!" — Korok (Breath of the Wild)