Flight Control Platform
|Flight Control Platform|
Features and Overview
The Flight Control Platform is operated by Willi and Obli, a pair of human siblings dressed as Ritos. On the first level of the Flight Control Platform, Old Man Ho Ho can be found staring at the distant banner.
A Submarine can be found southwest of the Flight Control Platform. To open the Treasure Chest at the end of the Submarine, Link must press the step switch inside, spawning enemies that he must then defeat. Within the chest is the Platform Chart, showing the locations of all the Lookout Platforms. In addition, after collecting and opening the Treasure Chart guarded in the Four-Eye Reef, Link can retrieve the Island Hearts Chart.
- Main article: Bird-Man Contest
The brothers that control the Flight Control Platform challenge Link to a minigame, the Bird-Man Contest. Using the Deku Leaf as well as the Updrafts present in the sea, Link must fly across a long stretch of sea past a goal post. If the goal is reached, the Bird-Man Contest yields a Piece of Heart as the prize. Willi also tells Link how far he flew, with the goal post being 250 yards from the Flight Control Platform.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- If Link gives a Letter to the Postbox on the island, it will state that it is "quite far" from Dragon Roost Island and charge the maximum postage fee of 20 Rupees. This is in spite of the fact that Flight Control Platform is adjacent to Dragon Roost Island. Nearly every other Postbox in the northern half of the Great Sea — from Pawprint Isle to Tingle Island — charges the minimum 5-Rupee postage and states that it is near Dragon Roost Island.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||飛行やぐら (Hikō Yagura)||Flight Scaffolding|
|French||Tour de l'Envol||Flight Tower|
|Italian||Piattaforma di Volo||Flight Platform|
|Spanish||Andamio de vuelo||Flight Scaffolding|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 260
- "Greetings, O person who has surely come to take the challenge of the big sky! This is where you can register for the Official Rito Tribe Bird-Man Contest!" — Willi (The Wind Waker)
- "Willi used to be a very average carpenter of Windfall. He so longed to soar the skies that he began dressing as a Rito. He's the younger of a laudable pair of siblings." — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- "Obli has such an unhealthy obsession with the Ritos that he's begun dressing as a Rito and running the famed Bird-Man Contest. He's the older of the laudable brother who host the contest." — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- "Ho ho! All the way over there? I see! I see! Quite so!" — Old Man Ho Ho (The Wind Waker)
- "Your current record is...an impressive # yards!!!" — Willi (The Wind Waker)
- "This postbox is quite far from Dragon Roost Island. Postage for this parcel is 20 Rupees from here." — Postbox (The Wind Waker)
- "This postbox is near the mail center on Dragon Roost Island.
Postage is only 5 Rupees." — Postbox (The Wind Waker)
|Islands in The Wind Waker|
Click on an island