The Flame of Despair is a recurring object in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
Oracle of Seasons
The Flame of Despair is lit when Twinrova capture Princess Zelda. At the loss of the princess, the voice of hope of the land, the people of Labrynna and Holodrum are stricken with despair, causing the Flame of Despair to light. However, Link is able to rescue the princess before she is sacrificed, foiling Twinrova's plan. After the evil witches are defeated by Link, Koume and Kotake sacrifice themselves instead to revive Ganon, but since they were the sacrifice instead of Princess Zelda, a mindless form of the King of Evil is revived, allowing the young hero to easily defeat him.
Oracle of Ages
| Names in Other Regions
||Flamme de la Désolation
||Flamme der Verzweiflung
||Fiamma della Disperazione
||Llama de la Desesperanza
- ↑ "The Flames of Sorrow and Destruction burn brightly! Only the Flame of Despair remains! Eee hee hee hee! When the three flames are lit, we will offer the sacrifice and complete the Dark Rites. Then the Evil King shall return!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Seasons)
- ↑ "I rue this day! Zelda has been taken and the villagers have been beaten into despair!" — N/A (Oracle of Seasons)
- ↑ "Thanks to Veran and Onox, the Flames of Sorrow and Destruction already flicker! And when we captured Zelda, the foolish humans gave us despair!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Seasons)
- ↑ "Our sacrifice will revive the Evil King and guide him to the light of the three flames!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Seasons)
- ↑ "Since they could not sacrifice me in their final rite, the powers of darkness could only revive a mindless, raging Ganon." — Princess Zelda (Oracle of Seasons)