|Use(s)||Trading against the Necklace|
Location and Uses
The Fishing Hook is the eleventh item in the game's Trading Sequence. It is received from Grandma Ulrira in Mabe Village after giving her the Broom, which she found while sweeping near the river.
The Fishing Hook is later given to the Fisherman found beneath the bridge in Martha's Bay to replace the one he lost. In exchange for the Hook, the Fisherman promises to give Link his next catch, which turns out to be the Necklace.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 123 (LA)
- "You exchanged for the fishing hook ! What will the fishing hook become?" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Okay! In return you can have this fishing hook I found when I swept by the river bank!" — Grandma Ulrira (Link's Awakening DX)
- "It's no use, little buddy! A fish took my hook... I keep casting my line into the water, but I haven't got a bite... I thought this would happen..." — Fisherman (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Oh! What is that you have in your hand? It's not a fishing hook, is it? You had better let me have it. I'll give you my next catch if you let me have it..." — Fisherman (Link's Awakening DX)
- "The became a necklace ! L-l-lucky!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
|Link's Awakening Trade Sequence|
|Yoshi Doll > Ribbon > Dog Food > Bananas > Stick > Honeycomb > Pineapple > Hibiscus > Letter > Broom > Fishing Hook > Necklace > Scale > Magnifying Lens|