Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fishing Hole Man
|Fishing Hole Man|
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
|Family||Swamp Fishing Hole Man (older brother) (MM3D)|
|Counterpart(s)||Man from Trading Post (MM)|
Man from Curiosity Shop (MM)
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Fishing Hole Man owns a Fishing Pond in Lake Hylia. He allows Link to fish for an unlimited time at a cost of 20 Rupees. The Fishing Hole Man considers himself an expert at catching Fish, referring to himself as an old pro. However, he refuses to reveal any Fishing secrets to Link, since he considers them to be company secrets. He has a tendency to continuously end his sentences with "I'm serious!", and has a neverending itch in his armpit.
When Link goes back to the Fishing Pond as an adult, the Fishing Hole Man will now be wearing a hat to try and cover his bald spot. Moreover, he mentions that he is almost out of business since Link, his only customer, was gone for seven years. If Link breaks the rules and casts the Fishing Rod at the Fishing Hole Man, he can grab his hat to confirm the fact that he has started to go bald. Link can then choose to give him back his hat or throw it into the pond. If Link chooses the latter, the hat is lost forever, so he must pay a 50 Rupee fine.
Majora's Mask 3D
In Majora's Mask 3D, the Fishing Hole Man runs the Ocean Fishing Hole in the Zora Cape. He will share secrets about Fishing with Link if talked to. He will also mention that certain Fish can be caught on that day. The Fishing Hole Man will sometimes mention his older brother, the Swamp Fishing Hole Man, and vise versa.
The Fishing Hole Man bears resemblance to the Man from Trading Post and the Man from Curiosity Shop. When Link mentions this, however, he will deny it, saying that he has no idea who Link is talking about.
Just as in Ocarina of Time, the Fishing Hole Man's hat can be hooked with the Fishing Rod.
- The Fishing Hole Man from Ocarina of Time is based on the owner of a real fishing shop located in Neyagawa, Osaka in Japan.
- A picture of the Fishing Hole Man from Ocarina of Time appears in the Fishing Hole from Twilight Princess. Hena, the owner, believes that she is his descendant, sharing both his passion for fishing and his itch.
- "Huh? Oh. Yeah. My big bro mans the Swamp Fishing Hole. Haven't seen 'im in years, though. Hey. If ya see 'im, tell 'im I said...hey." — Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 239 (OoT) & 244 (MM)
- "Well, do you want to go fishing for 20 Rupees? [...] I'm so generous, I'll let you fish for as long as you want." — Fishing Hole Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "What? You want to know if I'm a good fisherman? Of course I am! I'm an old pro!" — Fishing Hole Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'll go out of business if you go somewhere else! I'm serious!" — Fishing Hole Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "What? You want to know why I'm scratching all the time? What are you talking about? Actually, I have no idea. I'm serious!" — Fishing Hole Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "You can hook a fish out of the blue, when you least expect it. Now that's exciting! I'm serious. Really, I am!" — Fishing Hole Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "On top of that, my hair... Uh, I mean, never mind..." — Fishing Hole Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "How many years has it been? Seven years?! What have you been doing all this time?! You're my only customer. I'm almost out of business! Seriously!" — Fishing Hole Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey, what are you doing? I told you not to do that! You're terrible!" — Fishing Hole Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "WHAAAAAT?!? Why are you doing this to me? What are you thinking? I'm not going to let you get off that easy! You have to pay me a 50-Rupee fine! Seriously!" — Fishing Hole Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "If ya make the ground shake, them fishies will swim away. They're nervous fellas, all of 'em. Go on. Give it a try." — Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "If ya flick the water's surface all gentle-like, them fishies will get all curious and swim closer. Go on. Give it a try." — Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Right on. Ya know, on a day like this, ya might even land yourself a nice [fish name]." — Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Huh? Oh. Yeah. My li'l bro mans the Ocean Fishing Hole. Haven't seen 'im in years, though. Hey. If ya see 'im, tell 'im I said...hey." — Swamp Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Huh? Ya say ya saw someone with my face in town? ...Nonsense. It's nonsense! I have no idea who yer talking about!! Nonsense, it is. We're not talkin' about this anymore. Got it? Just drop it." — Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "What in the blazes?! What do you think yer doin'! Stop messin' around, punk! The nerve... Just don't do it again, OK? OK?! Just STOP it!" — Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "The "Yeees! This is Bucketmouth!!" you hear when you make a call from Ulrira's house is a real fishing shop, and the owner is actually the guy who runs the fishing pond in OoT. Did you know that?" —Kazuaki Morita (Staff Questionnaire)
- "That's one of Hyrule's legendary master fisherman! Look, he's got a Hylian loach, doesn't he?" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- "He just may be one of my ancestors! Of course, I can't exactly PROVE that... It's kinda just wishful thinking on my part." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- "Dearie me! I'm sorry! I don't know why, but sometimes I just get itchy..." — Hena (Twilight Princess)