- This is about the man who catches fish. For the men who run the Fishing Holes, see Fishing Hole Man.
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Era of Light and Dark
|Counterpart(s)||Treasure Chest Contest Owner (OoT)|
In Link's Awakening, there are two fishermen. One of them can be found in Mabe Village and will allow Link to go fishing for 10 Rupees. The second one has lost his Fishing Hook and can be found underneath a bridge in Martha's Bay. Link can trade him the Fishing Hook Grandma Ulrira finds while sweeping the river bank for his next catch, which happens to be the Necklace. In Link's Awakening DX, he appears in a photo in the The Travels of Link album.
In Majora's Mask, the Fisherman is found in the Fisherman's Hut at the Great Bay Coast. He has been fishing for 30 years and claims to be the best fisherman there is, even better than the Zoras. He continues to say that due to warm and murky waters of late, he has not been able to catch many fish. He also mentions that he used a tool called a Hookshot to catch fish off the coast, but was suddenly attacked by female pirates and took away the Hookshot claiming it was a legendary treasure. If Link inspects the Seahorse in his house, the Fisherman will say that it is a rare specimen, and was planning to sell it at the carnival. If Link brings him a Pictograph of a Gerudo Pirate from the Pirates' Fortress, he gives him the Seahorse in exchange.
After completing the Great Bay Temple and defeating Gyorg, the Fisherman will relocate to a small island near the Pirate's Fortress. Link cannot reach the island unless he rides on a nearby motorboat and then Hookshot over to the island. He will let Link play the Fisherman's Jumping Game, in which he has to jump across several islands, trying to land on the island with a lit torch. If the young hero obtains at least 20 points, he will receive a Piece of Heart as a prize from the Fisherman. If Link wins, the Fisherman tells the young hero that he regrets having made the game so easy, saying he was thinking of buying a big ship but cannot anymore because he might go bankrupt.
|Names in Other Regions|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 233 (LA) & 244 (MM)
- "How about some fishing, little buddy? I'll only charge you 10 Rupees..." — Fisherman (Link's Awakening DX)
- "It's no use, little buddy! A fish took my hook... I keep casting my line into the water, but I haven't got a bite... I thought this would happen..." — Fisherman (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Okay! In return you can have this fishing hook I found when I swept by the river bank!" — Grandma Ulrira (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Oh! What is that you have in your hand? It's not a fishing hook, is it? You had better let me have it. I'll give you my next catch if you let me have it... Okay No" — Fisherman (Link's Awakening DX)
- "All right, boy, feast your eyes on a display of fishing skill! [...] Whoooah nellie!! It's a big one!! Big! Big! Yaaah!" — Fisherman (Link's Awakening)
- "The became a necklace ! L-l-lucky!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "I've been catching fish in these seas for 30 years. When it comes to catching fish, I'm even better than the Zoras." — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- "Lately, the seawater has gotten really warm. It hasn't helped my fishing at all..." — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- "See, it was long ago when I used to use this thing called a hookshot to catch fish off the coast... But I was attacked by these pirates, and they took it away with them. They say... it's a legendary treasure.." — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- "It's a rare fish, isn't it? It's called a sea horse." — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- "If you want that sea horse, bring me a pictograph of a female pirate." — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- "Now that the seas are back to normal, I've started a little business aimed at tourists." — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- "I'm going to light the torches on each of the surrounding four islands in a particular order. Jump to the island that has the lit torch. If you can jump to it before the torch goes out, you'll get one point!" — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- "Uh-oh! That was a little too easy... Oh well, here's your prize! And I was thinking of saving up to buy a big ship... Now it looks like I may go bankrupt!" — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)