Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Location(s)||Shrine of Resurrection|
|Game(s)||Breath of the Wild|
|Boss(es)||Monk Maz Koshia|
|Quest Reward(s)||Master Cycle Zero|
The Final Trial is a challenge and Dungeon in The Champions' Ballad DLC Pack for Breath of the Wild. It takes place inside an unnamed Divine Beast. The design of the dungeon resembles an engine, suggesting a connection to the Master Cycle Zero, the item received when completing this trial.
Entrance to the Trial
The Final Trial is accessed from the Shrine of Resurrection. After inserting the Sheikah Slate into the pedestal, the door is sealed and the chamber itself descends into the Dungeon. The door opens before the descent is complete, however, a magical barrier prevents the elevator from being exited prematurely. If Link has found the Korok in the Shrine of Resurrection, it is not there when the elevator is descended.
Upon entering the Dungeon, Link hears the voice of Monk Maz Koshia, who greets him and tells him that it is time to face the Final Trial. He then informs Link that he will need a Map and that he can obtain map information from the nearby Guidance Stone. The Dungeon is comprised of a central chamber containing a series of mechanical gears. Four adjoining chambers are themed after each of the other Divine Beasts and four Champions, with elemental themes of wind, water, fire, and thunder. The side-chambers contain gears and rotating walls and objects, but these will only move if the chambers are connected to the central mechanism via metallic or stone objects. Once the Dungeon Map has been obtained, the gears can be configured to rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise, which will have a cascading effect on the side-chambers if they have been connected to the central mechanism.
This Dungeon is unique in that enemies will gradually appear in the central chamber as the terminals are activated. Initially, only a sole Guardian Scout I is present, but three additional Guardian Scouts along with a Guardian Scout II appear after activating the first terminal. After activating a second, a Guardian Turret appears in the center of the Dungeon. After the third terminal is activated, Guardian Skywatchers will patrol the chamber.
Link can find a Treasure Chest containing a Gerudo Scimitar in the thunder chamber, one containing a Cobble Crusher in the fire chamber, one containing a Swallow Bow in the wind chamber, and one containing a Zora Spear in the water chamber. Each of these Weapons are the Weapons required to craft each of the Champions' Weapons. In addition, Link can find a Diamond in a Treasure Chest, which is also required to craft a Champions' Weapon. Link can also find a Gerudo Shield in a Treasure Chest within the Dungeon, which can be crafted into Urbosa's Daybreaker Shield. Lastly, Link can find a Treasure Chest containing 5 Bomb Arrows.
Each of the themed chambers contains a Terminal that Link can authenticate with his Sheikah Slate to unlock a single bolt on a large stone door at the rear of the central chamber. The Terminal will then tell Link how many Terminals remain. After the final Terminal lock has been deactivated, the last Terminal will tell Link that he can now access the deepest area of the Dungeon. Once all four locks are disengaged, the door opens to reveal Monk Maz Koshia.
Monk Maz Koshia tells Link that he has proven to possess the power of a true hero and then begins to move. Maz Koshia then stands up, offering Link the Final Trial as they are transported to an arena hovering in the sky directly above the Great Plateau. Monk Maz Koshia then initiates a battle with Link as the Boss of the Dungeon. After defeating Monk Maz Koshia, he tells Link that he faced him with great courage and that he is a true hero. As a reward, Maz Koshia gives Link the Master Cycle Zero Rune. Calling the Master Cycle Zero a masterpiece of innovation for the one true hero, Maz Koshia wishes Link well and sends him back to the Great Plateau.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- Each bolt in the rear of the Final Trial bears a letter in the Sheikah Language corresponding to the chamber's element: A (air), W (water), F (fire), and E (electricity).
- "Welcome, hero. You have overcome many trials to reach me. Now it is time to face the final trial." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "This trial is a complex labyrinth. To start, you will need a map. You may obtain map information from the Guidance Stone." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sheikah Slate authenticated." — Terminal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Deactivating one lock of the door." — Terminal (Breath of the Wild)
- "There are three terminals remaining." — Terminal (Breath of the Wild)
- "There are two terminals remaining." — Terminal (Breath of the Wild)
- "There is one terminal remaining." — Terminal (Breath of the Wild)
- "All terminal locks have been deactivated. You can now access the deepest area." — Terminal (Breath of the Wild)
- "You have proven to possess the power of a true hero." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "In the name of the Goddess Hylia... I offer this final trial!" — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let us begin." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "You faced that challenge with great courage. You have erased all doubt from my mind. You are a true hero." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "As such, you were destined to take hold of this ancient masterpiece..." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sheikah Slate authenticated. Distilling rune..." — Pedestal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Rune extracted." — Pedestal (Breath of the Wild)
- "That which you have obtained... is a masterpiece of innovation, created for the one true hero." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hero of Hyrule... May the Goddess smile upon you." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)