In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Fierce Deity Mask
|Fierce Deity Mask|
Location and Uses
The Fierce Deity's Mask is one of five Masks that transform Link when worn, alongside the Deku Mask, the Goron Mask, the Zora Mask, and the Giant's Mask. When worn, it transforms Link into Fierce Deity Link. In this state, Link has an adult form and voice, and attacks with the Fierce Deity Sword which can release Sword Beams at the cost of Magic Power. Link has significantly greater strength and range while in this form. When obtained, it is suggested to be as dangerous as Majora's Mask.
Link can obtain the Fierce Deity's Mask by trading the twenty non-transformation masks to the four children inside the Moon. Since the Deku Mask, Goron Mask, and the Zora Mask cannot be traded, Link must have in his possession all of the other masks before being able to receive the Fierce Deity's Mask. Once this has been done, the young hero obtains the mask from the child wearing Majora's Mask. He gives him the mask so that the two of them can "play" together. It is said to possess the merits of all Masks, as well as the memories of all the people of Termina.
The Fierce Deity's Mask can only be used during boss battles, and, in Majora's Mask 3D, Fishing Holes. However, its combat capabilities are disabled inside Fishing Holes, and the Fishing Hole Men will forbid Link from leaving while wearing it.
Breath of the Wild
The Fierce Deity Mask is a piece of Armor in Breath of the Wild. It is obtained by scanning the Majora's Mask-themed The Legend of Zelda Series Link amiibo with the amiibo Rune. According to its description, the Fierce Deity Mask is the same Mask as the one worn by Link in the Era of the Hero of Time. When worn, the Fierce Deity Mask provides one level of Attack Up. The Fierce Deity Mask can be enhanced by a Great Fairy, though it cannot be Dyed at the Kochi Dye Shop. The Fierce Deity Mask, alongside the Fierce Deity Armor and Fierce Deity Boots, compose the Fierce Deity Set.
- Despite not being required to complete the game, Link obtaining the Fierce Deity's Mask is stated to be canon in Hyrule Historia.
- In the Japanese text of the game, the child wearing Majora's Mask specifically states that he wants to play tag with Link. This is a play on words as the Japanese text states that the Fierce Deity Mask is a mask an oni (a type of Japanese ogre) wears, and the Japanese name for tag is "pretending to be an oni."
- In the original version of Majora's Mask, when the Fierce Deity Mask is first obtained after trading all 20 non-transformation Masks, a glitch prevents the use of the other transformation Masks against Majora. This was fixed in Majora's Mask 3D.
- Early in development, an adult Link Mask was meant to appear in the game, but was later replaced by the Fierce Deity's Mask. This may be due to the fact that Link can now use items that only Adult Link could in Ocarina of Time, rendering the mask useless. In Hyrule Historia, the Majora's Mask section contains concept art of Adult Link, confirming that Adult Link was meant to appear sometime during development.
- Inside the game's code, a textured model of a Link Mask can be found. It is possible that it was used to turn Link back into his Hylian form when wearing other transformation Masks, as concept art in Hyrule Historia shows Deku Link wearing a similar Mask.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Masque du Dieu démon||Mask of the demon God|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
The Fierce Deity's Mask Badge from Hyrule Warriors
- The Badge from Hyrule Warriors is referred to in the possessive form as the "Fierce Deity's Mask", whereas the Weapon is simply known as "Fierce Deity Mask".
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 123 (MM)
- "You got the Fierce Deity's Mask! Could this mask's dark powers be as bad as Majora? Try it on with (C)." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Fierce Deity's Mask - Wear it with (C). Its dark power can be used only in boss rooms." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "The Fierce Deity's Mask, a mask that contains the merits of all masks, seems to be... somewhere in this world..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "The best way to think about it is that the memories of all the people of Termina are inside of the Fierce Deity Mask." —Eiji Aonuma (Aonuma on the pain behind Link’s transformations in Majora’s Mask, Fierce Deity Mask soul)
- "Hey. Hey! What's with that scary face, fella? If ya leave here lookin' like that, you'll scare away potential customers and ruin our reputation!" — Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Legends say this mask was once worn by a hero from a world in which the moon threatened to fall. It looks scary, but wearing it offers fierce, godlike power." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "The mastermind behind these events was none other than Majora's Mask. Link pursued the mask to the center of the moon. There, a strange battle unfolded. Link transformed into the Fierce Deity and eradicated the threat." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 112)
- EnNopp112, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 100% Speedrun in 4:35:30 (World Record), YouTube (Video), published December 3, 2018, retrieved June 24, 2019.
- benstephens56, Majora's Mask 3D 100% Speedrun in 5:26:01, YouTube (Video), published December 29, 2018, retrieved June 24, 2019.
|Masks in Majora's Mask|