Connecting to the Clock Tower
Location and Uses
The Festival Tower is a four-story structure created to celebrate the annual Carnival of Time and located in South Clock Town. When Link arrives in Termina, the Festival Tower stands at only one story high as the Carpenters have not completed its construction. Though the Carpenters worry about completing it in time, they will continue its construction until the Night of the Final Day, at which time they will flee from the Moon. A poster outside the Treasure Chest Shop in East Clock Town announces that the Clock Town Carnival Executive Committee is seeking workers to help with the Festival Tower's construction. Each night, Torches are added to the base of the Tower, though they are absent the following days.
For the entirety of the First Day, the Festival Tower resembles a simple one-story scaffold with Crates inside. Additionally, one of Mutoh's apprentices will stand atop the Tower and stare at the Moon.[note 2]
By the time of the Dawn of the Second Day, the Carpenters complete the second story of the Tower, dressing it in striped, orange cloth. Throughout the entire Second Day and the first half of the Final Day, Bremor will pace on its roof while holding a wooden beam. The apprentice that stood atop the Tower can no longer be found there, having fled in search of shelter.
On the Final Day, banners advertising the Carnival of Time are draped over the four sides of the Tower. Additionally, a Treasure Chest containing a Purple Rupee, valued at 50 Rupees, can be found at its top. During the Night of the Final Day, Mutoh will stand in front of the Tower and curse his apprentices who fled. If Deku Link speaks to him during this time, he apologizes for it being incomplete and wishes that he could scare away the Moon away.
When completed, the Festival Tower is intended to stand at four stories high and connect to the Clock Tower by a bridge. The Festival Tower is one of the possible subjects of the Keaton's Quiz, in which the Keaton asks how many stories the Tower will be upon its completion.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
The Festival Tower as seen in the History of the Carnival
- The Festival Tower was referred to as the Scaffold in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books. However, as this contradicts the name given in-game, it is not considered Canon.
- If Link clears the Oceanside Spider House at any point before the Dawn of the Second Day, the apprentice will flee to the House. They cannot be found standing atop the Festival Tower at any point thereafter until Link returns to the Dawn of the First Day.
- "Answer me this... Pick one of the three choices... Once it's completed, how tall will the festival tower at the carnival be?" — Keaton (Majora's Mask)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide (Versus Books) pg. 16
- "Heigh-ho, heigh-ho! It looks like another all-nighter. I wonder if that'll get finished." — Bremor (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Heigh-ho, heigh-ho! It's gonna be another all-nighter like I figured. I wonder if it'll get finished on time." — Bremor (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Urgently Recruiting!
Workers wanted to build the festival tower for the carnival.
See Mutoh." — Sign (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Hey, apprentice! Don't just stand around lookin' at the sky all day!" — Mack (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Huh? The moon?" — N/A (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "It's gotten bigger again. Th-this is bad..." — N/A (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Bremor! Don't be standin' 'round lookin' at yer feet all day!" — Mack (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Cowards! All of you! Not a one of you stayed! Disgusting excuses for apprentices, the lot of you! Hmph! I'll have a fine carnival without you... If you're gonna fall, then fall already!" — Mutoh (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Hey, Deku kid! You waitin' for us to finish the bridge from the festival tower to the Clock Tower entrance up there? Sorry! My apprentices panicked and ran away! This is all we get for a festival tower. It's not quite tall enough, is it? Sheesh! Even if we went to the top of the festival tower, we wouldn't be able to get up to the Clock Tower entrance! I apologize for all this. I wish I could scare that moon away!" — Mutoh (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Once it's completed, how tall will the festival tower at the carnival be?" — Keaton (Majora's Mask 3D)