The Fates are elderly Fortune-Tellers who weave Triforce-shaped quilts in Cadence of Hyrule. There are four Fates throughout Kingdom of Hyrule. Three Fates can be found across Kingdom of Hyrule inside huts marked with the Crest of the Sheikah while one can be found upon a Game Over and in the Future World. Each Fate operates a shop where they offer to read fortunes for 10 Rupees. In addition, the Fates found in the overworld as well as the Fate in the Future World will sell Health Potions and Stamina Potions for Rupees and Diamonds, respectively, provided the heroes have a Bottle. Whenever a hero has fallen, they are taken to a Fate who will return them to Kingdom of Hyrule. This Fate will also sell various equipment in exchange for Diamonds.
Whenever the Fates read a hero's fortune, a waypoint will be added to the Map, pointing the heroes in the direction of their destiny. The power of the Fates has been waning since Octavo stole their Threads of Wisdom, Courage, and Power to construct his Golden Lute. Consequently, the Fates have lost sense of the past and future and have been forced to move in a rhythm by the power of the Golden Lute. Though their ability to see through time has been limited, one of the Fates is able to advise Cadence to travel 25 years into the future to stop Ganon in the Future World, dismissing the span of time as insignificant. As they have had a significant amount of time to weave, they are capable of doing so with their eyes closed.
Prices and Wares
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Hey, look! A Sheikah Stone! Did you know that if you are defeated, the Fates will return you to the world at any Sheikah Stone you've activated?" — Trill (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Welcome, fate's chosen one. I've been expecting you. Would you like me to read your future for 10 rupees?" — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Maybe you'd like to buy a potion? You'll need an empty bottle to put it in first!" — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Hello, dear. This is where adventurers with unfinished business end up. It looks like the Fates aren't done with you yet! Why not take something along to help you on your quest? You never know what might come in handy in the future!" — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "I'm sorry I can't tell you more. The future is cloudy... My visions have been limited since Octavo stole my Thread of Wisdom." — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "My Thread of Courage was stolen by Octavo. He used it to construct a lute. What? Of course I knew it was going to happen! But I couldn't do anything about it. It's not easy to change one's fate, you know." — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "I recently foretold Octavo's future. I told him he would meet his demise at Ganon's hand in the future. He didn't like it, but that's what I saw! Serves him right for stealing my Thread of Power..." — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Are you wondering what's causing our movement to be controlled? It all starts in the future...or was it in the past?" — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "In any case, it's the power of the Golden Lute. The magician Octavo can use it to compel people to follow his orders! He must really like dancing..." — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Cadence! You need to get yourself to the future immediately! ... FURTHER to the future that is. 25 years, to be exact. That's not so far, in the grand scheme of things." — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "It's not easy to weave with your eyes closed. Luckily, I've had a lot of time to practice." — Fate (Cadence of Hyrule)