The Cursed Fairy can be found in the Mysterious Pond within the Pyramid of Power in the Dark World. To gain access to her hidden fountain, Link must use the Super Bomb to blow a hole in the lower levels of the Pyramid. She will grant Link the Silver Arrows required to defeat Ganon, and will also power up the Tempered Sword into the Golden Sword. The Cursed Fairy blames her appearance on a curse put on her by Ganon's magic.
- "Toss in your sword and arrows and answer the Great Fairy truthfully to get the Golden Sword and Silver Arrows." (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past – The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.), pg. 92)
- "Cursed Fairy" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 228(ALttP))
- "The Fat Faerie, who resides within the Dark Pyramid, is the only one who can give Link the Golden Sword. Link should toss the Tempered Sword into her pond. The Fat Faerie will ask Link if he dropped the Sword. Remember, always respond to Faeries with a truthful answer." (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past – Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America, Inc.
Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.), pg. 142)
- "SILVER ARROWS
The Fat Faerie in the Dark Pyramid will give Link the only weapon which is capable of defeating Ganon: the Silver Arrows." (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past – Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America, Inc.
Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.), pg. 145)
- "CURSED FAIRY" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 388)
- "I know I don't quite have the figure of a faerie. Ganon's cruel power is to blame! You must defeat Ganon!" — Fat Faerie (A Link to the Past)