Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Oracle of Secrets
Era of Light and Dark
|Family||Nayru and Din (sisters)|
Farore appears in both Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, where she reveals the secrets obtained as a result of linking the Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons games. She is hidden in the Hall of Secrets. Farore carries a book titled "Farore's Memory." After completing a game, or starting a password-linked game, the book appears to the left of Farore. It contains any linking passwords found so far.
The Minish Cap
Farore appears again in The Minish Cap, where it is mentioned that she is a helpful person looking for a house. She is one of the three sisters in the Happy Hearth Inn (along with Nayru and Din). In exchange for help finding a house, she will offer Link Charms which can be stored in Empty Bottles. Farore's Charm does not turn Link's Tunic green (because it already is) but instead turns it light purple. This may also be because her charm is a combination of Din's and Nayru's, which turn his tunic red and blue respectively. All four colors resemble the Four Swords Links' Tunics. Her Charm increases both attack and defense, but the offensive boost from Din's Charm is stronger, and the defensive boost from Nayru's charm is more potent.
|Farore (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|She's looking for a house in Hyrule to move into. She's a very helpful person, but people take advantage of her kind nature. This really bothers her.|
- There was originally planned to be a third Oracle series game, entitled Mystical Seed of Courage, which would have presumably featured Farore as the main focus equally as Nayru and Din were in Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. However, Capcom ultimately decided that it would be too complex to link three different games, so they abandoned the third game and integrated Farore into the two remaining Oracle games as the "Oracle of Secrets".
- Her figurine description in The Minish Cap could be a reference to how what was expected to be her game, Mystical Seed of Courage, was removed from what would have been the Oracle trilogy. The fact that Link can only find houses for two of the Oracles may be a reference to this as well.
- The concept art for Farore shown in Hyrule Historia seems to indicate that she was originally planned to be a singer, a role assumed by Nayru in Oracle of Ages.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Farore, Oracle des Secrets|
|German||Farore, Orakel der Geheimnisse|
|Italian||Farore, Oracolo dei Segreti||Farore, Oracle of Secrets|
- "She's looking for a house in Hyrule to move into. She's a very helpful person, but people take advantage of her kind nature. This really bothers her." — Farore Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "Farore" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 206 (OoX))
- "At times and places, you will hear powerful secrets. At those times, come see me. I can give shape and form to your secrets!" — Farore (Oracle series)
- "This is the Hall of Secrets, where your secrets take form." — Farore (Oracle series)