Location and Uses
In Ocarina of Time, Farore's Wind is received from the Great Fairy of Magic in Zora's Fountain, hidden behind a destructible wall behind Lord Jabu-Jabu. It can only be cast inside dungeons that have Maps, as it allows Link to return to the entry point of that dungeon's room from which it was cast. When used thereafter, Link is given the option to return to that Warp point, or to dispel the previous casting. Either option erases the Warp point when chosen, allowing for Link to cast another Spell. With each creation of a Warp point, Link must lose 6 Magic Power. If he has no Magic Power, he will be unable to cast Farore's Wind.
After being cast, Link can use Farore's Wind to return to the dungeon it was cast in from any other location. However, Link as an adult is unable to return to Warp points created by Farore's Wind while Link was a child, and vice-versa.[verification needed]
- Though Farore's Wind doesn't appear in The Wind Waker, its name is inscribed on the base of Farore's statue in Hylian on Eastern Triangle Island.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Vent de Farore (OoT3D)||Farore's Wind|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
The Farore's Wind Badge from Hyrule Warriors
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 123 (OoT)
- "Welcome Link! I am the Great Fairy of Magic! I will give you a magic spell. Please take it." — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "Remember, you can use Farore's Wind only in dungeons that have a dungeon map hidden inside, OK?" — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "Farore's Wind again utilizes Zelda's magical prowess, this time by transporting her great distances. It's vital to know the lay of the land before using this move." — Trophy (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
- "Slightly speeds up the process of taking keeps." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Vent de Farore (dépense magique : Élevée)
Sortilège invoquant le pouvoir de la déesse Farore et vous permettant de vous téléporter à l'intérieur d'un donjon." — Inventory (Ocarina of Time 3D)