We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Map of the Faron Province from Twilight Princess
The Faron Province is a recurring location situated in Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda series. The Province is named after its original protector, the great Water Dragon known as Faron, from the Era of the Goddess Hylia and the Sky Era. It is later protected by the Light Spirit of the same name during the Era of Twilight.
A large majority of the province is made up of the Faron Woods and other forested areas. It houses a number of ruins, including several ancient temples that have become overgrown by nature, and also at least two sacred springs.
Features and Overview
The Faron Province is situated at the furthest southern part of the Kingdom of Hyrule in Twilight Princess. It is located to the north of the Ordona Province, south of the Lanayru Province, southwest of the Eldin Province and southeast of the Desert Province.
Link, a young hero from Ordon Village in the Ordona Province, first enters the Faron Province while pursuing his friend Talo and a monkey that has recently been causing trouble in his village, leading him through Faron Woods and to the Forest Temple, where he finds them captured by a group of Bokoblins. The province is then later covered in a curtain of Twilight the next day. After saving the Light Spirit Faron and returning light to the area, Link sets off to return to the Forest Temple at the request of Midna to retrieve the first piece of the Fused Shadow.
Later on in the game, after having been permanently transformed into a wolf due to Zant's Shadow Crystal, Link must return to the Faron Woods to enter the Sacred Grove hidden deep within and retrieve the Master Sword at the ruins of the Temple of Time in order to return to his human form. The young hero later meets up with Rusl in the Faron Woods, who helps him access the Sacred Grove once again, where he then must enter through the Temple of Time's remaining entrance. He is transported to a point far into the past, a time when the temple still stood in full glory. There, he collects the Dominion Rod and a piece of the broken Mirror of Twilight upon defeating Armogohma.
During the ending credits, Link is seen riding through Faron Woods on Epona.
In Skyward Sword, the Faron Province is located east of the Lanayru Province and southeast of the Eldin Province. It is situated furthest southeast on the map.
In the Era of the Goddess Hylia and the Sky Era, the Faron Province is protected by a great Water Dragon, Faron, who was ordered to protect the Province by the goddess Hylia. She resides with the Parella in Lake Floria, located southeast of Faron Woods. Coming from the world above the clouds, Link first visits the Province when he lands on the Surface in his desperate mission to find his childhood friend, Zelda, who landed there sometime earlier. He lands in the Sealed Grounds, and meets the elderly Impa protecting the Sealed Temple. She directs him to continue on his quest in Faron Woods, the defining feature and largest section of the Faron Province. Upon reaching the woods, he is tasked by the Kikwi elder Bucha to find the other scattered and hidden members of the tribe, who claims that putting his fear and worry to ease will help him remember where Zelda ran off to after she met him. After doing so, he is given the Slingshot, granting him access to the Deep Woods and Skyview Temple. While searching for Zelda in the Skyview Temple, Link's companion Fi detects she is now located. Upon fighting and defeating the temple's boss, Ghirahim, he finds the Skyview Spring, but Zelda has already left the Faron Province by then. He then moves on to the next Province in his journey, the Eldin Province.
Link later returns to the Faron Province for his first Silent Realm trial in the Faron Woods. He is given the Water Dragon's Scale after completing the challenge, allowing him access to the Great Tree. The elder Kikwi, Yerbal, is found at the top of the Great Tree and sends Link to the other main part of Faron Province, Lake Floria, to meet with the Province's protector. The Water Dragon Faron had been wounded by an attack from Ghirahim. Link heals her with Sacred Water from Skyview Spring, and in return she parts the waterfall in front of the Ancient Cistern, the dungeon hiding Farore's Flame.
Link must visit the Province one last time in order to receive Faron's section of the "Song of the Hero", but Faron has flooded the woods to wash away the monster infestation, forcing the aged Impa guarding the Sealed Temple to create a barrier around the woods and making it impossible to move beyond the Sealed Grounds. While Link searches for a way into the woods, The Imprisoned attacks once again. After using his Groosenator to help Link re-seal The Imprisoned, Groose gets the idea to use it to launch Link into the woods. Once there, Link must find Faron. After finding Faron at the Great Tree, she instructs Link to collect the various Tadtones scattered across the submerged area. When he has successfully found all of the Tadtones, Faron teaches Link her part of the "Song of the Hero" and lowers the water level so that he and the Kikwi are able to make their way around Faron Woods normally again.
- Sealed Grounds
- Faron Woods
- Lake Floria
- Floria Waterfall
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Terres de Firone (SS)|
|German||Wald von Phirone|
|SpanishLA||Región de Farone (SS)||Region of Faron|
- "The Surface is divided into three regions. Each region is named after one of the dragons, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru, who protect the Sacred Flames." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 74)
- "The provinces known as Lanayru, Faron, Eldin, and Ordona bear the same names as they did in the Era of the Goddess Hylia. They are protected by the Light Spirits who share their names." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 116)
- "The dark clouds of dusk cover this land... This drape of shadows is called... twilight." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
- "That’s...what I was looking for. That’s a Fused Shadow. It’s what the light spirit called dark power..." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "Head for the sacred grove that lies deep within the lands guarded by the spirit Faron. There you will find the blade of evil’s bane that was crafted by the wisdom of the ancient sages... the Master Sword." — Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess)
- "I wonder if the Sacred Grove that Rusl mentioned is near this mark..." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "Long ago the Water Dragon was charged with watching over all of Faron by the goddess." — Official Site – The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for Wii, Zelda.com.
- "She set out for Faron Woods to discover that destiny for herself, and you must follow." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "I've been so worried about my Kikwis. But if you could put my fears to rest, I might remember where that girl you seek ran off to, kwee." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "I calculate a 97% chance that she has already set out for Eldin, where another great spring exists." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Well, that settles that. You must seek out the mighty Water Dragon. Her lair is deep in a lake in the south of these woods, kwwwwwwrk. She watches over the flame there." — Yerbal (Skyward Sword)
- "Shortly before your arrival, I was attacked by a pompous creature calling himself Ghirahim. I stood against this self-proclaimed Demon Lord, but I was wounded in the encounter." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "This may be news to you, but some very irksome monsters have been overrunning my woods of late. Well, I decided that I'd had enough! The easiest way to deal with the awful things was to flood the whole woods." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "To protect the land here, I closed the gate leading to the woods and drove back the water with a simple seal." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "See, that last battle with big ugly got me thinking about other ways to use the Groosenator! Just climb into that bad boy, and I'll give you a "lift" over to the woods, all right?" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "As you just saw, I have split the melody you seek among my many Tadtones and I have hidden them around the forest." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "If you wish to earn my favor, gather the Tadtones and return to me." — Faron (Skyward Sword)