|Race||Spirit of Light|
|Attributes||Guardian of the Faron Province|
|Era||Era of Twilight|
Prior to the events of Twilight Princess, the Dark Interlopers tried to take over the Sacred Realm. Faron, along with Eldin and Lanayru, were asked by the Golden Goddesses to intervene, so the Light Spirits sealed away the Interlopers' magic.
Faron is the second spirit Link meets during his journey. As part of Zant's plan to take over Hyrule, the Shadow Beasts were ordered to steal the light of the Spirits, including Faron. Once Link recovers all of the Tears of Light in the Faron Woods, Faron recovers its powers and returns the young hero to his human form. The spirit then tells Link of the Twilight, and of his predecessor, who is implied to be the Hero of Time. It also informs Link that he is the new hero, having been chosen by the gods.
Later in the game, Faron, along with the other Light Spirits, aid Link and Princess Zelda in the fight against Ganondorf by granting Zelda the power of the Light Arrows. After Ganondorf is defeated, it and the other Spirits grant Midna's return to her true form.
- Faron is seemingly meant to look like a monkey, a squirrel or a lemur.
Faron's name is a reference to the golden goddess, Farore.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "The embodiment of the land of Faron, this magical spirit takes the form of a monkey and resides in the spring near Faron Woods. It seeks the light." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 13)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 276(TP)
- "Hyrule Castle, located in Lanayru Province, sits at the heart of the world. The provinces known as Lanayru, Faron, Eldin, and Ordona bear the same names as they did in the Era of the Goddess Hylia. They are protected by the Light Spirits who share their names." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 116)
- "The Surface is divided into three regions. Each region is named after one of the dragons, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru, who protect the Sacred Flames." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 74)
- "It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered." — Lanayru (Spirit) (Twilight Princess)
- "My brethren in Hyrule have already had their light stolen by these fell beasts." — Ordona (Spirit) (Twilight Princess)
- "This drape of shadows is called...twilight. In this twilight, those who lived in the light...become as mere spirits...it is a place...where the dark ones and evil creatures dwell..." — Faron (Spirit) (Twilight Princess)
- "Look at your awakened form... The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods... His power is yours. His is the true power that slept within you." — Faron (Spirit) (Twilight Princess)
- "In the land covered in twilight, where people roam as spirits, you were transformed into a blue-eyed beast... That was a sign... It was a sign that the powers of the chosen one rest within you...and that they are awakening. [...] Your name is Link. You are the hero chosen by the gods." — Faron (Spirit) (Twilight Princess)