In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Facade is a recurring boss in The Legend of Zelda series.[note 1] It appears in the form of a face, hence the name. Because this boss is made up of only eyes and a mouth, Facade turns his nearby surroundings, such as loose floor tiling and pottery, into flying projectiles instead of launching physical attacks of his own.
In Link's Awakening, Facade is a boss that Link encounters in the sixth dungeon, the Face Shrine. At the beginning, Facade will almost give a clue as to what his weakness is before stopping himself due to "talking too much." The answer is his face. Link must avoid the flying tiles and pots that Facade sends towards him and drop Bombs on Facade's face when it appears. Facade will also make holes in the ground. Link is able to mitigate most of Facade's attacks. After Link defeats Facade, Facade will hint that Koholint Island is part of the Wind Fish's dream. Defeating Facade awards Link the Coral Triangle.
Oracle of Seasons
Facade is also encountered in Oracle of Seasons, as a mini-boss of Snake's Remains. This time he has a few new attacks, such as shooting fire rain into the sky, or summoning a large amount of Beetles. He is no longer able to fling tiles and pots at Link, but he can still create pits. He appears again in Onox's Castle, just before the battle with General Onox.
- Largely because of the boss theme from Link's Awakening being changed to the miniboss theme in the Oracle games, Facade is technically the only character from Link's Awakening to retain his boss theme in both appearances in the Game Boy games.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||マットフェイス (Matto Feisu)||Mat Face|
Face de dalles (LANS)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 176 (LADX | OoS)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 64
- "The Coral Triangle can be found at the end of Face Shrine after defeating the Nightmare known as Façade." — Nintendo, Zelda: Link’s Awakening Wind Fish Riddle Quiz - Play Nintendo, play.nintendo.com, retrieved May 16, 2020.
- "Hey dummy! Need a hint? My weak point is... !! Whoops! There I go, talking too much again..." — Facade (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Okay, listen up! If the Wind Fish wakes up, everything on this island will be gone forever! And I do mean... EVERYTHING!" — Facade (Link's Awakening DX)