Eryck is a Hylian traveler in search of self-discovery. In his journey, he attempted to visit Zora's Domain, only to find himself lost at the southern bank of Rutala River. As he was about to give up his journey, he heard a voice coming from the Lanayru Tower, reigniting his interest. Despite this, he was unable to cross Rutala River as it is the widest in all of Lanayru.
When Link first encounters Eryck, he is found resting underneath a Tree beside a Campfire in Rabia Plain. There, Eryck informs Link of his plight, and offers details about the landmarks north of his camp. Eryck will also offer directions to the Lanayru Tower by way of Linebeck Island.
- Curiously, when Eryck offers directions to Link, he erroneously states that Linebeck Island is located to the east. In reality, it is northwest of his camp site in Rabia Plain.
- "Oh... So you heard me humming, eh? Eryck. I'm traveling the world on a journey of self-discovery. I'm heading for Zora's Domain now...but I'm lost." — Eryck (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was just about to give up. But then, like, I heard a voice...coming from the north tower..." — Eryck (Breath of the Wild)
- "Crossing the Rutala River would be next to impossible, though..." — Eryck (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Zora's Domain?] Zora's Domain is home of the Zora. It's a town in Lanayru. But crossing the Rutala River is impossible. It's a hard place to get to, so I just gave up altogether." — Eryck (Breath of the Wild)
- "[North tower?] If you continue north from here, on the other side of the Rutala River, you can see a huge tower on the opposite bank. I thought I heard a voice coming from the top of that tower. I wonder if someone's up there." — Eryck (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Rutala River?] Rutala River is the widest river in Lanayru. You'd be risking your life if you tried to swim across it... If you want to go north of it, you'll have to walk patiently to Linebeck Island in the east so you can circumvent it." — Eryck (Breath of the Wild)