The Adventure of Link
In The Adventure of Link, Error is a citizen of Ruto Town. At first, Error only introduces himself when talked to, but after Link meets a second man in Mido Town and is encouraged to ask Error about how to get to the Island Palace, Error will tell Link about the passage to the palace south of the king's tomb.
The sprite design for Error is used for characters in other towns who can sometimes be similarly unhelpful, although a few of them give Link very useful hints about using the Fire Spell or finding the Three-Eye Rock Palace.
Defenders of the Triforce
Error's name is meant to form a pun with that of Bagu whose name is the Japanese spelling of a computer "bug." In the Japanese version of The Adventure of Link, Error makes the less vague statement "My name is Error..." (Ore no na wa Erā da...). His name is written エラー (Erā), the Japanese way of writing the English word "error." Only Error's name properly transferred over during the English localization.
- Error was given a brief reference in Super Paper Mario, where the character Fracktail is brainwashed into fighting Mario by one of the main antagonists, Dimentio.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 223 (TAoL)
- "I AM ERROR." — Sign (Defenders of the Triforce)
- "I AM ERROR." — Error (The Adventure of Link)
- "ASK ERROR OF RUTO ABOUT THE PALACE" — Hylian (The Adventure of Link)
- "SOUTH OF KINGS TOMB IN MIDO IS A TUNNEL." — Error (The Adventure of Link)
- "I KNOW NOTHING." — Hylian (The Adventure of Link)
- "IF ALL ELSE FAILS USE FIRE" — Hylian (The Adventure of Link)
- "CALL FOR HELP AT THE THREE EYE ROCKS." — Hylian (The Adventure of Link)
- "オレノナハエラーダ..." — Error (The Adventure of Link)
- Super Paper Mario Wii (2007)
Fractail: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. I AM ERROR. PRESS ANY KEY TO RESTART.
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 223