|Era||Era of Decline|
The Adventure of Link
Error is a citizen of Ruto Town. At first, Error only introduces himself when talked to, but after Link meets a second man in Mido Town and is encouraged to ask Error about how to get to the Island Palace, Error will tell Link about the passage to the palace south of the king's tomb.
The sprite design for Error is used for characters in other towns who can sometimes be similarly unhelpful, although a few of them give Link very useful hints about using the Fire Spell or finding the Three-Eye Rock Palace.
Error's name is meant to form a pun with that of Bagu whose name is the Japanese spelling of "(computer) bug." In the Japanese version of The Adventure of Link, Error makes the less vague statement "My name is Error..." (Ore no na wa Erā da...). His name is written エラー (Erā), the Japanese way of writing the English word "error." Only Error's name properly transferred over during the English localization.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Error" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 223(TAoL))
- "I AM ERROR." — Sign (Defenders of the Triforce)
- "I AM ERROR." — Error (The Adventure of Link)
- "ASK ERROR OF RUTO ABOUT THE PALACE" — Man in Harbor Town of Mido (The Adventure of Link)
- "SOUTH OF KINGS TOMB IN MIDO IS A TUNNEL." — Error (The Adventure of Link)
- "I KNOW NOTHING." — Man (The Adventure of Link)
- "IF ALL ELSE FAILS USE FIRE" — Man in Rauru (The Adventure of Link)
- "CALL FOR HELP AT THE THREE EYE ROCKS." — Man in Hidden Town of Kasuto (The Adventure of Link)
- "オレノナハエラーダ..." — Error (The Adventure of Link)