The Energy Gauge functions similarly to both the Stamina Gauge and the Magic Meter. Link obtains the Energy Gauge when Ravio gives him the Bow. The Energy Gauge is drained whenever Link uses any item or Wall Merges. When the Energy Gauge has been completely depleted, Link will be unable to use any item until it replenishes. If the Energy Gauge runs out while Link is merged into a wall, he will be forced out of it. The Energy Gauge can be refilled by finding Energy Potions inside purple Pots.
A Link Between Worlds
Tri Force Heroes
In Tri Force Heroes, the Energy Gear Outfit increases the Energy Gauge size for the Link who wears it, while the Cheer Outfit increases the Energy Gauge for the other Links on his team. Both Outfits provide the same effect in a single-player game.
- In early versions of A Link Between Worlds, the Energy Gauge was green instead of purple, similar to a Magic Meter. It also featured a hexagonal shape instead of a round one. In Tri Force Heroes, the A Link Between Worlds Energy Gauge was also used in early versions of the game. It was later slightly redesigned.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Jauge d'endurance||Resistance gauge|
|SpanishLA||Indicador de vigor||Strength indicator|
- "The energy gauge on the left is not shared between heroes. Go wild!" — Mr. Tudor (Tri Force Heroes)
- "This is the energy gauge. It depletes when you use Ravio's items and recharges over time. If your energy runs out, you can't use Ravio's items until it replenishes. Try it out using the Bow you just got." — N/A (A Link Between Worlds)
- "This gauge will deplete while you are merged with walls and when you use items. It will gradually replenish over time. While the gauge is depleted, you will be unable to use items." (A Link Between Worlds manual)
- "Spending time as a wall painting will deplete your energy gauge. If the gauge runs out while you are in the wall, you will automatically exit the wall." (A Link Between Worlds manual)