Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Use(s)||Holds various items|
Empty Bottles,(TWW | TMC | TP | SS | HW | CoH) also known as Bottles,(ALttP | OoT | MM | TWW | ALBW | CoH) Magic Bottles,(ALttP) and Empty Jars,(FPTRR) are recurring items in The Legend of Zelda series.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Locations
- 3 Other Appearances
- 4 Nomenclature
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Bottles are used to store various items inside for later usage. They are commonly used to store Potions, Fairies, Water, and Milk. In some games, Bottles are also used to store Poe Souls, Fish, Bugs, Great Fairy's Tears, Chu Jelly, and other various things. Some Bottles are obtained as rewards for completing certain sidequests or minigames, while others can be found through exploration. In some games, Bottles are required to progress through the story, usually to carry something inside them to take somewhere else. In most games, Link is able to collect only four Bottles. However, in Majora's Mask he is able to obtain six (seven in Majora's Mask 3D), and in both Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds, he can obtain five.
A Link to the Past
- Sold by the Street Merchant in Kakariko Village for 100 Rupees.
- Found inside a Treasure Chest at the back of the Kakariko Village inn.
- Obtained from the man underneath the stone bridge near Lake Hylia.
- Found inside a blue chest in the Dark World equivalent of the Smithery after rescuing the Dwarven Swordsmith. Link must take the chest to the Average Middle-Aged Man near the entrance to the Desert of Mystery, who will open the chest for Link.
Ocarina of Time
- Obtained from the Cucco Lady in Kakariko Village by bringing all of her Cuccos back to their pen.
- Found underwater in Lake Hylia near the shortcut to Zora's Domain containing Ruto's letter.
- Obtained after winning the Super Cucco Game in Lon Lon Ranch. It is filled with Lon Lon Milk when received.
- Obtained after giving 10 Big Poe Souls to the Poe Collector.
- Obtained from Kotake after Link discovers Koume in the Woods of Mystery. On the First Day, Kotake can be found at the potion shop. Once dusk breaks, she can be found in the Woods of Mystery. It is filled with Red Potion when received.
- Obtained after winning the Goron Race during the spring. It is filled with Gold Dust when received.
- Obtained after beating both Beaver Brothers in the Beaver Falls Race.
- Obtained after delivering the Special Delivery to Mama to Madame Aroma in the Milk Bar on the Final Day. It is filled with Chateau Romani when received.
- Obtained after helping Romani defend the cows from the Ghosts at Romani Ranch. It is filled with Milk when received.
- Obtained after defeating the Big Poe during the Final Day at the Ikana Graveyard. Link must order the Stalchildren to open the grave they are guarding by using the Captain's Hat. Once inside, he must assist Dampé, who must dig up three blue flames which merge into the Big Poe.
Majora's Mask 3D
- Dampé's Bottle is switched with the Piece of Heart Link can obtain from Koume by completing the Koume's Target Shooting after beating the Woodfall Temple.
- During the Second Day, Link wearing the Troupe Leader's Mask can talk to Gorman while he is sleeping at the Stock Pot Inn. Gorman requests Link to bring Mystery Milk from his brothers at the Gorman Track in the afternoon. While still wearing the mask, Link can obtain the Milk from the Gorman Brothers at any time after 12 PM. However, the Milk spoils after two real time minutes. If Link successfully delivers the Milk to Gorman, he will let him keep the Bottle. Link cannot roll as Goron Link or play the "Song of Soaring" while delivering the Milk, as doing so will spill it. The sidequest cannot be done in a cycle where Link plays the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" for Gorman on the first night.
The Wind Waker
- Obtained after helping Medli reach Dragon Roost Cavern.
- Obtained after catching Mila trying to steal from Zunari's safe at night.
- Found inside a Submarine off the coast of Bomb Island.
- Sold by Beedle's Masked Ship for 500 Rupees after obtaining Beedle's Chart.
The Minish Cap
- Sold by the Business Scrub in Trilby Highlands for 20 Rupees.
- Found inside a Treasure Chest in the Eastern Hills, south of Eenie and Meenie's garden. The chest appears after fusing Kinstones with Smith.
- Obtained from Stockwell after feeding Fifi with Dog Food. Link must shrink down to Minish size to get to the back of Stockwell's Shop. There, he will give Link a Bottle with Dog Food. After giving Fifi the food inside Stockwell's house in Lake Hylia, he will be able to keep the Bottle.
- Found inside a cave near Lon Lon Ranch. Link must first fuse Kinstones with Eenie to get a Goron to open the cave. He must then fuse Kinstones with five Mysterious Walls in order to call more Gorons and reach the end of the cave.
- Obtained from Sera after returning her cat by fishing two fish. It is half-filled with Milk when received.
- Sold by Coro in the Faron Woods. It is filled with Lantern Oil when received.
- Found in the small pond near the bridge on the east side of Hena's Fishing Hole. Link must use the bobber Fishing Rod to fish it.
- Obtained from Jovani after obtaining 20 Poe Souls. It is filled of Great Fairy's Tears when received.
- Obtained from Luv in the Potion Shop after Zelda falls to The Surface.
- Found inside a Treasure Chest in the Sealed Temple near the old woman. It is filled with Revitalizing Potion when received.
- Obtained from Parrow after healing Orielle's Loftwing on an island between Skyloft and Fun Fun Island.
- Obtained in the Fire Sanctuary in the Magmanos room after obtaining the Mogma Mitts.
- Found inside a chest in the Thunderhead after activating a Goddess Cube in the Volcano Summit.
A Link Between Worlds
- Sold by the Street Merchant in Kakariko Village for 100 Rupees.
- Obtained from the Bird Lover under the bridge east of Link's House.
- Found underwater in the river east of Hyrule Castle containing a note from the Bouldering Guy stranded on Death Mountain. The note must be taken to the Milk Bar Owner, who will fill the Bottle with Premium Milk. After giving the Bouldering Guy the Milk, Link will be able to keep the Bottle.
- Found inside a Treasure Chest in the Vacant House in Lorule. Link must Bomb the back wall to enter.
- Obtained from the Great Rupee Fairy after giving her 3,000 Rupees. Link must first use the Big Bomb Flower to destroy the boulder in the northwest of the Bomb Shop, revealing the entrance to the Great Fairy Fountain.
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
Cadence of Hyrule
In Cadence of Hyrule, Empty Bottles are used to collect and store potions, Fish, Bees, and Fairies. There are a total of 3 Bottles, which can only be acquired by purchasing them at special shops. Two of them can be bought from Beedle, whose shops are hidden in random secret locations throughout Hyrule, while the third Bottle can be bought from a Zora merchant, who lives in a beach hut along the Beach to the south.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||あきビン (Aki Bin)||Empty Bottle|
|FrenchEU||Flacon (ALttP | TWW)
|SpanishEU||Botella vacía||Empty Bottle|
|SpanishLA||Botella vacia (SS)
The Empty Bottle Badge from Hyrule Warriors
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 122 (ALttP | OoT | MM | TWW | TMC | TP | SS | ALBW)
- "Oh! Link? You've come back! And in one piece, too! Gracious! My granddaughter tells me that your grandmother is in poor health these days... Now, I'm certain that a little fairy dust would provide all the lift her spirits need, but... Well, the problem is, I haven't seen any fairies in these parts recently. Of course, long ago you could find a lot of them up by the old Fairy Fountain, and you could even capture them in empty bottles. Sure! It was easy as you please! Yes, there was a time when I used to like playing with fairies... Uh...ahem! In any case, ever since the fountain was blocked up by that huge rock, I haven't seen a one..." — Sturgeon (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Bottle -- Assign to
Store things in this for later use." — Inventory (Cadence of Hyrule)
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg.
- "You got the Empty Jar!" — N/A (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
- "You, sir! Have you been going through life without one of my hold-anything bottles? Well step right up and make your life complete! I've got one on sale now for the low, low price of 100 Rupees! What do you say? Interested?" — Street Merchant (A Link to the Past)
- "Yo! Link! You seem to be in a heap of trouble, but this is all I can give you." — Camper (A Link to the Past)
- "All right, bring that chest over here..." — Average Middle-Aged Man (A Link to the Past)
- "Thank you for finding my Cuccos. I have allergies, so I get goose bumps when I touch them. For helping me, I will give this to you. It's fine glass, and should be useful." — Cucco Lady (Ocarina of Time)
- "You got an Empty Bottle! Put something inside and press (C) to use it... What? Something's already inside!?" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm proud to present to you a sample of our very own Lon Lon Milk. You'll be energized the moment you drink it! After you drink it, you can bring back the bottle and buy a refill, anytime you want!" — Talon (Ocarina of Time)
- "You're thinking about what I promised would happen when you earned 1,000 points. Heh heh. Don't worry, I didn't forget. Just take this." — Poe Collector (Ocarina of Time)
- "Oh!! Well, if that's true, then take this potion to her..." — Kotake (Majora's Mask)
- "That was great! I knew you were the fastest Goron, Darmi! I was sure you'd get first place! This is from daddy... It's the prize." — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- "To us, empty bottles are a treasure. I can't give you one just because you beat my little brother. [...] I'll give you one after you race once more against me." — Older beaver brother (Majora's Mask)
- "This!!! It's from Kafei! Correct? Correct? Wonderful! You really are an expert! Yes, yes, I'm sorry. My thanks. Yes, yes, it is your job, after all. I'm sorry. At this point in time, I can give you only something like this. Actually I wanted to give this to you sooner... Really!" — Madame Arome (Majora's Mask)
- "Thank you! Thanks to you, the cows are giving thanks, too! Here's Romani's thanks. When you drink it, put your hand on your hip and take a big gulp like we do here at the ranch!" — Romani (Majora's Mask)
- "I came looking for the Royal Family's legendary treasure, but my torch has gone out. I'm sorry, but could you walk in front of me and light the way?" — Dampé (Majora's Mask)
- "This is all I have to give you. I know it's not much, but please take it! Oh, and please don't tell anyone that I'm climbing Dragon Roost!" — Medli (The Wind Waker)
- "Please take this. Don't look at me like that! I didn't steal it! It washed up on the shore, so I picked it up. Don't tease me like that! It's a tiny bottle made of crystal-clear glass... It's so beautiful." — Mila (The Wind Waker)
- "This Empty Bottle is a mere 500 Rupees! Buy it! Buy it! Buy buy buy!" — Beedle (The Wind Waker)
- "You got an Empty Bottle! Assign it to , , , or on the inventory screen.
Can be used to store potions, fish, bees, and fairies that you find." — N/A (Cadence of Hyrule)