Embrose playing the timpani
Guardian of the Fire Realm
Embrose is a character from Spirit Tracks. He is the Lokomo who guards the Fire Realm from within the Fire Sanctuary. Like the rest of the Lokomo people, Embrose possesses a sacred instrument, his being the timpani, which generates energy to power the Spirit Tracks when played with another sacred instrument.
To gain access to Embrose's chamber in the Fire Sanctuary, Link must first quell the flames which engulf the Goron Village by delivering Mega Ice to the Gorons. He can then speak to the Goron Elder, who will grant him permission to pass to the Fire Sanctuary located behind the village. Opening the Door of Friendship in the sanctuary leads the young hero to Embrose, who introduces himself and mentions that he has heard of Link and Zelda's quest. Embrose then proceeds to teach Link a Lokomo Song that restores the Spirit Tracks leading to the Fire Temple after the young hero and the enthusiastic Lokomo perform the duet together using the Spirit Flute and the timpani, respectively. Before departing for the temple, Embrose recommends to the young duo speak with the Gorons to learn about the dangers of the mountain.
During the final battle against Malladus, Princess Zelda sings a duet with Link, and soon after this, all five of the Lokomos, including Embrose, join in to form a fully orchestrated version of the piece. This melody weakens Malladus and reveals a weak spot on his back, which is necessary to defeat the Demon King once and for all.
Embrose is last seen during the ending credits when Anjean, along with the rest of the Lokomos, departs towards the heavens after the defeat of the Demon King since their protection is no longer needed in the land of Hyrule.
- It is likely that Embrose is a pun from "Embers", the traces of fire. The coals burning in the train let off embers.
- Alternatively, however unlikely, it is also phonetically similar to M. Bros., another one of the many Super Mario Bros. references that Nintendo subtly fits into the majority of its games, in homage to its beginnings. Coincidentally, the element most commonly associated with Mario himself is the same as the realm in which Embrose resides, Fire.
- Embrose's timpani looks somewhat like the Goron Drums from Majora's Mask.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ボイラ (Boira)||Contraction of ボイラー (Boirā), "boiler".|
|SpanishEU||Calderón de la Vía|
|SpanishLA||Calderón de la Vía|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "My name is Embrose, and I am indeed this realm's guardian." — Embrose (Spirit Tracks)
- "Embrose was a little scary looking, but he was actually very nice!" — Princess Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 289 (ST)
- "Indeed. We are called the Lokomos. We are servants of the spirits. They have entrusted us with protecting the temples and the Spirit Tracks. By playing our sacred instruments... We generate energy that powers the Spirit Tracks." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- "In case you're wondering, yes, I know who you are. You're here to restore the Spirit Tracks, right?" — Embrose (Spirit Tracks)
- "Well done indeed! Just one thing before you go. The mountain's rife with danger, so talk to people at the village before you go!" — Embrose (Spirit Tracks)
- "Let's combine my sacred power with the power of the Spirit Flute! I think we can use them to weaken Malladus!" — Princess Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
- "But our protection is no longer needed. Even without the spirits' guidance, you will do well. So I think I will return to the heavens... In the company of my old friend Byrne." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- Encyclopedia (TOKYOPOP) pg. 287 (ST)
- "Je m'appelle Chodius! Je suis en effet le gardien de la contrée du feu!" — Embrose (Spirit Tracks)
- "Je m'appelle Bouyer! Je suis le gardien de la contrée du feu!" — Embrose (Spirit Tracks)
- "Ich bin Kessel! Ich beschütze die Feuerhöhe!" — Embrose (Spirit Tracks)
- "Sono Caldarius e mi prendo cura del Paese delle Fiamme." — Embrose (Spirit Tracks)
- "¡Llamadme Calderón de la Vía! O Calderón, que es más corto. ¡Y soy el protector de la Región del Fuego!" — Embrose (Spirit Tracks)
- "¡Llámenme Calderón de la Vía! O Calderón, que es más corto. ¡Y soy el protector de la Región del Fuego!" — Embrose (Spirit Tracks)