Element (Hyrule Warriors)
Boosts an attack's damage or resists attacks
Elements are attributes in Hyrule Warriors, which determine the strengths, resistances and effects of Warriors and their class of Weapon. Elements are divided into five types: Fire, Water, Lightning, Light and Darkness.
Elements affect certain values in battle which determine how much damage a Warrior can inflict onto an enemy, and how much damage they will receive after being attacked. Each class of Weapon belongs to its own Element as indicated by a colored symbol, which determines its inherent strengths and effects. Some Weapons, such as Sheik's Harp, can hold more than one type of Element based on the attack. Enemies and enemy Warriors in turn have their own Elemental strengths and weaknesses, and thus may receive more or less damage when attacked by a Weapon of a particular Element. How effective an Element is against an enemy depends on the type of Element they innately have; Lizalfos, for example, are of the Fire Element, and are thus weak to Water and resist Fire.
In certain battles, a particular Element of a Weapon may be recommended over others, as indicated by a thumbs-up symbol next to its Element. Using a Weapon of the recommended Element will allow the Warrior to inflict more damage onto the enemies in that battle. In addition, Badges that increase a Warrior's defense in battles of a recommended Element can also be crafted at the Bazaar.
In certain Adventure Mode battles, a Keep may be covered by an Elemental barrier. These barriers will continuously inflict damage onto a Warrior inside the Keep so long as the barrier remains active. These barriers can either be dispelled by rescuing an Elemental Fairy of the corresponding Element from another Keep and releasing it within the protected Keep, or by simply claiming the Keep by defeating its Keep Boss at the cost of taking damage.
Elemental Effects are secondary effects of a particular Element added to Weapons, each with a unique purpose. When a Warrior performs a combo attack with their Weapon, there is a chance that an Elemental Effect may occur. Elemental Effects may either boost the power of an attack or create a secondary effect that temporarily afflicts enemies hit. These secondary effects can range from continuously damaging enemies or having a longer attack range.
Certain Skills can also be applied onto individual Weapons to give it a stronger bonus to the effect, such as the Fire+ or Water+ Skills. The Elemental Skills a Weapon can have will usually be of its inherent Element, although some Weapons, such as Sheik's Harp and Agitha's Parasol, can have different Elemental Skills applied to it.
|The Fire Element causes foes to create a small explosion when they hit the ground, damaging other nearby foes.|
Applying Fire+ to a weapon will increase the blast radius.
|The Water Element forms a bubble of water around foes' heads, causing them to take damage periodically over time.|
The Water+ Skill will cause the bubble to stay for longer, thus dealing more damage.
|The Lightning Element will cause the enemy to take extra damage from miniature lightning strikes with each hit until they once more land on the ground.|
Electricity+ makes it easier to keep enemies from hitting the ground.
|The Light Element increases damage the more that groups of enemies are attacked by consecutive attacks.|
Light+ increases the length of time the effect remains, allowing the Warrior to pick up more easily from one string of attacks to the next.
|The Darkness Element increases damage the more a single enemy is attacked by consecutive attacks.|
Darkness+ allows the Element to affect more than one enemy at a time.
- "Each weapon belongs to an element, and some of its attacks will be boosted by an elemental effect." — Manual (Hyrule Warriors)
- "An elemental effect can be added to certain attacks from specific weapons. The effect will change depending of whether the weapon has fire, water, lightning, light, or darkness attributes." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Selecting a warrior bearing a weapon of the recommended element for a particular scenario will allow you to inflict more damage on the enemies in that scenario." — Manual (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Hitting an enemy with a fire elemental attack will cause the enemy to blow up when it hits the ground, causing additional damage to enemies caught in the blast." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Hitting an enemy with a water elemental attack will cause the enemy to continue taking damage over a set period of time." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Enemies sent flying by lightning elemental attacks will take extra damage from your attacks while in the air." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Light elemental attacks gradually become stronger as you make consecutive attacks on groups of enemies." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Darkness elemental attacks gradually become stronger as you make consecutive attacks on a single enemy." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors)