Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Attributes||Guardian of the Eldin Province|
|Era||Era of Twilight|
Eldin is the Spirit of Light who protects the Eldin Province in Twilight Princess. The spirit takes a winged form, presumably that of an owl or other type of bird, and resides in Eldin Spring in Kakariko Village. It is named after the dragon of the same name from the Era of the Goddess Hylia.
Prior to the events of Twilight Princess, the Dark Interlopers tried to take over the Sacred Realm. Eldin, along with Faron and Lanayru, were asked by the Goddesses to intervene, and the Light Spirits sealed away the Interlopers' magic.
As part of Zant's plan to take over Hyrule, the Twilit Messengers were ordered to steal the light of the Spirits. Once Link gathers all the Tears of Light in Kakariko Village and Death Mountain, Eldin's power is restored and it returns Link to human form. It then tells Link that the dark power he seeks is in the sacred grounds of the Gorons, and later directs him to the Lanayru Province to find Ilia.
It appears again during the fight with Ganondorf when Princess Zelda asks the Spirits of Light for aid, whereas they combine their powers to create the Light Arrows. Once Ganondorf is defeated, the spirits return Midna to her true form.
Eldin's name is a reference to the golden goddess, Din.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "It seeks the light." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 13)
- "Eldin" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 289)
- "The embodiment of the land of Eldin, this magical spirit takes the form of a bird and resides in the spring near Kakariko Village." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 13)
- "Hyrule Castle, located in Lanayru Province, sits at the heart of the world. The provinces known as Lanayru, Faron, Eldin, and Ordona bear the same names as they did in the Era of the Goddess Hylia. They are protected by the Light Spirits who share their names." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 116)
- "The Surface is divided into three regions. Each region is named after one of the dragons, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru, who protect the Sacred Flames." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 74)
- "It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "My brethren in Hyrule have already had their light stolen by these fell beasts." — Ordona (Twilight Princess)
- "O great hero chosen by the gods... The dark power you seek lies in the sacred grounds of the proud mountain dwellers. But already those grounds have been defiled, draped in shadow and seeded with evil. You must go to those sacred grounds and cleanse them." — Eldin (Twilight Princess)
- "North of here, across the plain and past the great stone bridge, in the lands guarded by the spirit Lanayru... You shall find one who you seek..." — Eldin (Twilight Princess)