East Clock Town
|East Clock Town|
Anju runs the Stock Pot Inn. She is a kind person, and runs the inn diligently. She is however a terrible cook, and her grandmother refuses to eat anything she makes. Anju has been a little depressed lately over the disappearance of her fiancé, Kafei.
Anju's Mother is supportive of her daughter, but not so much of Kafei after he disappears. She stands-in for Anju when Anju cannot work at the registry at the inn, but this is not terribly often.
Anju's Grandmother has her own room on the first floor of the inn. She loves to read stories, and will tell Link two of them. She seems to be senile, as she refers to Link and Anju as "Tortus," the name of her deceased son. However, this may all be an act to get out of eating her granddaughter's cooking, as suggested in her diary.
A mysterious person merely referred to as ??? also resides in the Stock Pot Inn as well.
Mayor Dotour's Family
Mayor Dotour is a very busy man. He is easily stressed, and the fact that his son, Kafei, has gone missing does not help matters. He can be a little nervous when around pushy people such as his wife or Mutoh, but if he is thinking clearly then he can get the job done.
Madame Aroma, the mayor's wife, is a woman who wants nothing more than to get her son back. She hired a professional people finder to do the job; however, she mistakes Link for this man and sends him out to do the job. Near the end of the 3-day cycle, she can be found in the Milk Bar drowning her sorrows in milk.
Kafei also lives in East Clock Town. He cannot be found there for the duration of the game, though, as he is currently hiding out in the Laundry Pool.
- Main article: Gorman Troupe
All the members of the Gorman Troupe can be also be found within East Clock Town. The Rosa Sisters will be pacing around the Stock Pot Inn during the day, trying to come up with new dance moves for their choreography. Guru-Guru, the troupe's musician, is also in the inn in the daytime hours, while the Twin Jugglers are out practicing during the day, and playing cards inside the Stock Pot Inn at night.
Honey and Darling
- Main article: Honey and Darling
Features and Overview
East Clock town is home to several main attractions in Clock Town, including the Stock Pot Inn, the Milk Bar, as well as several shops that serve as gaming centers where Link may win various prizes. It is also the location of the Mayor's Official Residence, where Mayor Dotour and his family live, and where important town meetings are held. At night, the Stray Fairy from the Laundry Pool moves here.
Mayor's Official Residence
- Main article: Mayor's Official Residence
The Mayor's Official Residence is where Mayor Dotour and Madame Aroma may often be found. There is a young secretary in the lobby who will direct visitors to one of two rooms; the mayor's office and the waiting room. With a little searching, the bedroom and Diary of Kafei can also be found. Link can receive Kafei's Mask from Madame Aroma when he agrees to search for Kafei. He can also earn a Piece of Heart from Mayor Dotour by showing him the Couple's Mask.
Stock Pot Inn
- Main article: Stock Pot Inn
The Stock Pot Inn is where Anju and her family live, as well as where the Gorman Troupe reside during their stay. Link the Goron will also come here on the First Day for his room reservation, but will sleep in the streets outside if Link claims the room first. Bizarrely enough, a hand can be found living in the inn's washroom's toilet at night. A Piece of Heart may be earned by giving the hand paper it requests for. By completing the Reuniting Kafei and Anju sidequest, Link receives the Couple's Mask.
- Main article: Milk Bar
The Milk Bar is a members-only bar that belongs to Mr. Barten, and may only be entered once Link has obtained Romani's Mask as proof of membership from Cremia on the Second Day. The bar sells several varieties of Milk brought from Romani Ranch, including the rare and popular vintage Chateau Romani. The Troupe Leader's Mask can be obtained here if Link plays all four parts of the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" in all of his Mask transformations. The tune moves Gorman, who gives Link the Mask.
Several gaming centers can be found in East Clock Town. Honey & Darling's Shop offers several games that change daily, which range from needing Bombs, to Bombchu to Arrows. By beating all three of their challenges, Link will earn a Piece of Heart.
The Treasure Chest Shop is run by a young girl who is not above adjusting prices depending on how much she likes the customer. After purchasing a game, Link must run across the tiled room to the Treasure Chest. The challenge is that several of the tiles will rise up, blocking Link's path, creating a sort of labyrinth. If a game is purchased as Goron Link, the prize will be a Piece of Heart.
The Shooting Gallery has a game that involves shooting Octoroks with the Bow. As many red Octoroks must be shot in the time limit as possible. Blue Octoroks must be avoided to avoid a time loss. By beating the current high score, Link gains a larger Quiver. By earning a perfect score, Link gains a Piece of Heart.
- "It was my granddaughter who cooked again today. Putting that to the lips shortens the life!" — Granny's Diary (Majora's Mask)
- "How happy could you possibly be... marrying a man who runs off when he's about to be married? It would make your life unhappy...just like your mother's." — Anju's Mother (Majora's Mask)
- "If Kafei is there, your mother will give him a smack." — Anju's Mother (Majora's Mask)
- "I thought of a way to get by without eating. I'll try it tomorrow. I just hope I'm not caught." — Granny's Diary (Majora's Mask)
- "...I tell you...It's hard to figure which way things will go. See, because Mutoh said he would call my wife... The carnival is...on." — Mayor Dotour (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh dear, are you on a field trip? ...Or are you the expert person- finder I hired? Yes, yes, yes. I say, you have the face of a pro." — Madame Aroma (Majora's Mask)
- "The room on your right is the drawing room and it's also Madame Aroma's office." — Receptionist (Majora's Mask)
- "The bar opens at night, sir. And it's members-only. We refuse people who don't have proof of membership." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "Our most popular, of course, is Chateau Romani. It's a vintage milk." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "Honey & Darling's Shop / A Gaming Center. Changing Daily!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "If you hit a blue one, you lose time, so watch out!" — Man running the Shooting Gallery (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||クロックタウン (東)||Clock Town [East]|
|FrenchCA||Est de Cadranbourg (MM3D)||East of Clock Town|
|FrenchEU||Est de Bourg-Clocher||East of Clock Town|
|Spanish||Este de la Ciudad Reloj||East of the Clock City|
|Clock Town Areas|