Earth Temple (Skyward Sword)
|Main Item||Bomb Bag|
|Boss(es)||Pyroclastic Fiend Scaldera|
|Quest Reward(s)||Amber Tablet|
Entrance to the Temple
The Earth Temple is a fire-based dungeon located up Eldin Volcano. Link visits the temple to locate the Earth Spring where Zelda is said to be cleansing herself. However, before Link can enter, he must find five key pieces to the temple using Fi's Dowsing abilities, as hinted by a conversation between Ledd and Cobal. The key pieces can be found in soft spots which Link can dig up with the Digging Mitts. The spots are: near the temple's entrance, beneath a wooden watchtower southwest from the temple's entrance, behind a bombable wall in the middle of the inclined sandy road in the center, in a rocky area accessible through a couple of geysers near the end of the western slippery sandy road, and within a bombable wall inside a lava-filled cave accessible after crossing the aforementioned western sandy road.
Like Skyview Temple, the Earth Temple shows signs of deterioration. It comprises only five (albeit cavernous) rooms, the fewest of any dungeon in the game.
A major part of the temple is traversed by logrolling on a large stone eyeball, as most of the central room and the east area is filled with lava. This ball must be released by shooting at the pockets containing Bomb Flowers. Enemies such as Fire Keese and Magma Spume will try to knock the young hero off the stone eyeball. Magma Spume can be rolled over and killed using the eyeball.
Lizalfos also appear frequently, and a pair of them are fought as the dungeon's minibosses. The dungeon's treasure is the Bomb Bag. It originally belonged to Ledd; the Mogma gives it to Link for helping him. The dungeon is filled with Bomb Flowers, which can be used to solve puzzles or fill the Bomb Bag. The Boss of the Earth Temple is Scaldera, set upon Link by Ghirahim.
- The Earth Temple has an Eastern design resembling Mongolian temples and sanctuaries In a similar fashion to the Ancient Cistern, the statues found throughout the temple are inspired by Buddhist and Hindu iconography. In particular, the three-eyed and dragon-like statues are akin to wrathful deities or demons depicted in imagery associated with both religions. The elephant statues near the entrance of the temple also have a symbolic connection to Buddhism and Hinduism.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||大地の神殿 (Daichi no Shinden)||Earth Temple|
|FrenchCA||Temple de la Terre||Earth Temple|
|German||Tempel des Erdlandes||Earth Land Temple|
|Italian||Santuario della terra|
|SpanishLA||Templo Terrenal||Earthly Temple|
- "Earth Temple" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 50)
- "The spirit maiden who descended from the clouds must travel to two sacred places to purify her body. You stand in one of these places: Skyview Spring. The other is known as the Earth Spring. This second spring is hidden away deep within the scorched earth of Eldin The spirit maiden, ever mindful of the heavy task entrusted to her, has set out for this second sacred place.." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Hmm... I'm sure they buried it around here someplace, but I can't find it." — Ledd (Skyward Sword)
- "Yo, Ledd! This is the place, ain't it? So what is buried again?" — Cobal (Skyward Sword)
- "A key! K-E-Y, KEY! They busted up the key to that door and hid the pieces all over the place. I'm telling you, one of the five pieces is buried right around here." — Ledd (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, I require your conformation on critical information obtainded from that Mogma conversation... I calculate there is a 95% probability that the key to this door is made of the same material composition as the mechanism that bars it. I have detected objects of the same material in the surrounding area. Ascertaining the location of these objects will aid in our search for Zelda. I have registered them as dowsing targets." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Heyyyyy! You found my Bomb Bag!! Sorry to put you through that. I guess I owe you one now! So let me have it... What's this now?You want to borrow it so you can go deeper into the volcano?... I'm not letting you borrow my bag, though. I'm GIVING it to you! Just don't blow yourself up..." — Ledd (Skyward Sword)
- "You got a Bomb Bag! Ledd was kind enough to give it to you, so make sure you take good care of it." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "There's someone special I'd like you to meet... it won't take more than a few moments with my friend before you're charred to a satisfying crisp..." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "Pyroclastic Fiend Scaldera" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
|Hyrule in Skyward Sword|
|Click on a location|