Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Earth Guardians are land-bound Guardians who serve Hylia and protect Silent Realms from intruders in order to test Link's Courage, Wisdom, and Power. Earth Guardians are tall, lanky enemies that wield giant maces. Earth Guardians remain dormant in their Silent Realms until intruders trespass outside of the protective circles of Trial Gates. When awoken, Earth Guardians will immediately give chase toward Link, regardless of his position and whether he is in sight or range of them. However, because they exclusively walk along the ground, they cannot maneuver around certain objects, allowing Link to escape their advance.
Earth Guardians can be rendered dormant by collecting Sacred Tears, which also warps them back to their resting location for a period of 90 seconds. Even when Earth Guardians are rendered dormant, they can be awoken by various factors, such as Link treading through Waking Water or by Link being caught by a Watcher. If an Earth Guardian manages to catch Link, it will strike him with its mace, shattering his spirit and causing him to fail his trial.
- "Earth Guardian" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 345)
- "If you take even a single step outside the protective circle you stand in, the Guardians of this realm will wake up and pursue you, Master." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You got a Sacred Tear! This object's power halts the movements of the Guardians for just 90 seconds. Collect all 15 to pass the trial!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "The unusual liquid substance that covers that area is known as Waking Water, and it has certain unique properties. If you make contact with Waking Water, the Guardians will be immediately alerted to your presence." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "If a Guardian manages to land even a single hit on you, your spirit will shatter and you will fail the trial." — Fi (Skyward Sword)