Earth God's Lyric
|"Earth God's Lyric"|
Laruto and Medli playing the "Earth God's Lyric"
|Power(s)||Awakens the Earth Sage|
Destroys certain Sage Stones
Restores part of the Master Sword's power to repel evil
|Learned in||Headstone Island|
|Related songs||"Wind God's Aria"|
The "Earth God's Lyric" is a song featured in The Wind Waker.
It is conducted using the Wind Waker and is learned from a Sage Stone inside the cave of Headstone Island. Upon learning this melody, the Zora sage known as Laruto appears in front of Link. Laruto was the Sage of the Earth until Ganondorf stole her soul inside the Earth Temple. Her spirit remained in the hopes that the new Sage of the Earth could be awakened.
The "Earth God's Lyric" must be played in front of Medli in order to awaken her as the Sage of Earth. Medli, with the help of Link, plays this song on her harp to open the entrance to the Earth Temple.
This melody must be played numerous times inside the Earth Temple in order to break down several Sage Stones and thus be able to progress through the dungeon. After defeating Jalhalla, Link conducts the Earth God's Lyric for Medli and Laruto so that the power to repel evil is restored to the Master Sword.
- The "Earth God's Lyric" is the first part of The Wind Waker introduction theme.
- "He attacked this temple and stole my soul, knowing that he had to remove the power contained in that enchanted blade." — Laruto (The Wind Waker)
- "The song you just conducted is one which will open the eyes of the new sage and awaken within that sage the melody that will carry our prayers to the gods." — Laruto (The Wind Waker)
- "Thanks to you, I've been awakened to the knowledge that I'm a sage of the Earth Temple." — Medli (The Wind Waker)
- "The door that blocks your way will only open when the sage plays that song." — Laruto (The Wind Waker)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||地神の唄||Earth God's Song|
|French||Hymne du Dieu de la Terre||Earth God's Anthem|
|German||Hymne des Terragottes|| Terra God's Hymn|
(Terra is the Latin word for Earth)
|Italian||Inno della Terra||Hymn of the Earth|
|SpanishEU||Melodía del Espíritu de la Tierra||Melody of the Earth Spirit|