|Purpose||Progressing through Dungeons|
Dungeon Items, also known as Temple and Maze Items,(MM) are a recurring mechanic in The Legend of Zelda series.[name reference needed] They are items that can only be used in the Dungeon they are found in. The concept goes unnamed in several titles,(TLoZ | TAoL | MM3D | FSA | PH | ST | SS | ALBW | BotW) in some of which Keys are the only Dungeon Items.(FSA | PH | ST | BotW)
Dungeon Items obtained in a given dungeon are displayed only when inside that dungeon, often next to the open Dungeon Map on the Map screen. The most common Dungeon Items are Small Keys, Big Keys, Dungeon Maps and Compasses, in that order.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "DUNGEON ITEM" — Sub Screen (A Link to the Past)
- "The Dungeon Items can only be used in the dungeon that you find them in. They cannot be carried to another dungeon and used there. You can see which dungeon items you possess on the Sub-Screen." (Link's Awakening DX manual, pg. 28)
- Ocarina of Time manual, pg. 32
- Oracle of Seasons manual, pg. 37
- Oracle of Ages manual, pg. 37
- The Wind Waker manual, pg. 15
- The Wind Waker HD manual, pg. 37
- The Minish Cap manual, pg. 24
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 24
- Majora's Mask manual, pg. 36