Duke of Gamelon
Duke Onkled is the ruler of the island of Gamelon. When King Harkinian announces that Duke Onkled is under attack and his island territory likely under Ganon's siege, he departs to aid Onkled. When both King Harkinian and Link, who later went to investigate, fail to return, Zelda and Impa sail to Gamelon to find them.
Duke Onkled is later revealed to be corrupt, and is actually working for Ganon and allowed him to take over Gamelon and imprison many of its inhabitants. He had betrayed King Harkinian and had him captured by Ganon. Lord Kiro was also captured by Ganon's minion Hektan and imprisoned at Dodomai Palace, Onkled's castle. After freeing Lord Kiro, he informs Zelda of Onkled's betrayal and tells her the secret to entering his chamber, where they find him hiding. Onkled pleads them not to hurt him, and tells Zelda the secret passage into Reesong Palace where Ganon is. He also gives her the Key to its gate. He is then apprehended by Lord Kiro.
After Zelda defeats Ganon and frees her father, Duke Onkled is turned over to King Harkinian and begs for his mercy. He is ordered by the King to "scrub all the floors in Hyrule" as punishment, before being taken away by Lord Kiro.
- "Zelda, Duke Onkled is under attack by the evil forces of Ganon. I'm going to Gamelon to aid him." — King Harkinian (The Wand of Gamelon)
- "Duke Onkled, ruler of Gamelon, is in desperate need of help!" (The Wand of Gamelon manual, pg. 3)
- "Duke Onkled betrayed the King!" — Lord Kiro (The Wand of Gamelon)
- "Please! Your omnipotence! Have mercy!" — Duke Onkled (The Wand of Gamelon)
- "After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, then we can talk about mercy. Take him away!" — King Harkinian (The Wand of Gamelon)