Dragon Roost Island
|Dragon Roost Island|
See here for the complete list
Dragon Roost Island is a recurring location in The Legend of Zelda series.(TWW) It is located in the northeast of the Great Sea, and is home to the Rito tribe and the Spirit of the Sky, Valoo. The game's second dungeon, Dragon Roost Cavern, is situated on this island. After successfully completing it, Link will receive the first of the three Goddess Pearls, Din's Pearl.
Features and Overview
The Wind Waker
Dragon Roost Island can be seen from a great distance, as it primarily consists of a huge mountain. There are many explosive fruits scattered across the island, and many Kargarocs have made it their home. The planted bombs are necessary to blow up some rocks that prevent access to the inner area of the island. After the obstacles are cleared, it is a matter of walking through a wooden passage that leads to the shrine of the Rito tribe.
Around Dragon Roost Island are three secret Treasure Chests to be discovered. The first is in a secret Cave blocked by a boulder near the Wind Shrine. Defeating all the enemies in the cave unlocks a door that leads to a chest containing a Purple Rupee. The second is a cave behind the foot of the island that can be accessed by hovering across the steep rock formations with the help of the Deku Leaf and the Wind Waker. Link must be careful when dealing with Kargarocs while hovering to the cave. Inside is a single Treasure Chest containing an Orange Rupee. The final Treasure Chest is found at the southwestern end of the island, atop a boulder high up against the wall of Dragon Roost. Growing near the boulder are several Bomb Flowers. Detonating one of the Bomb Flowers by piercing it with an Arrow or using a Hyoi Pear to bring a Seagull up to touch it engages a chain reaction; when the Bomb Flower nearest to the boulder explodes, the boulder will crumble and the Treasure Chest on top of it will fall to the ground. Inside this chest is a Silver Rupee.
Dragon Roost Cavern
- Main article: Dragon Roost Cavern
Dragon Roost Pond
- Main article: Dragon Roost Pond
- Main article: Mail Center
The Mail Center is a small cavern close to the island base where the Rito make their home. The Mail Center consists of two floors. The main floor has two entrances, one that leads to the base of the Island, and another that leads to the Dragon Roost Pond. The Mail Center doubles as the headquarters of the Island Postal Service, where the Rito postmen receive mail to be sorted and delivered. Koboli, the Center's mail sorter, can be found working on the second floor.
- Main article: Wind Shrine
- In the version of the Dragon Roost theme music found in The Wind Waker official soundtrack and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a plucked bassline was added to the track. It is the only track on the soundtrack that is not a fully accurate representation of the in-game music.
- The music for Dragon Roost Island shares its melody with the music heard at Rito Village in Breath of the Wild.
- Before the Great Flood, Dragon Roost Island was Zora's Domain.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||竜の島 (Ryū no Shima)||Dragon Island|
|French||Ile du Dragon||Dragon Island|
|Italian||Isola del Drago||Dragon Island|
|SpanishEU||Isla del Dragón||Dragon Island|
- "Dragon Roost Island
An island in the northeast protected by the spirit Valoo. The winged Rito have a village here. The heart of Dragon Roost is an enormous volcano and lava flows to a shrine where Valoo is perched. Letters sent from every which way across the sea are collected in the Rito village at the foot of the mountain. They are piled up everywhere." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 111 (TWW))
- "He suggests talking to the people of the Rito Aerie for access to Valoo." (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Official Guide (Prima Games), pg. 87)
- "Zora's Domain became Dragon Roost Island" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 59)
|Islands in The Wind Waker|
Click on an island